Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I'm struggling to find anything to be positive about at the moment.

No positive vibes coming out of anywhere regarding the takeover and Ashley's shitty running of the club is going to pay off for him for another year.

It all feels really grim at the moment.

No positive vibes coming out of anywhere regarding the takeover and Ashley's shitty running of the club is going to pay off for him for another year.

Once the arbitration concludes then we will know. Until then there’s no point get worked up as it’s out of our control.

Hardly noticed this anymore. Haven't seen this thread anywhere near the top of the page for a while. Not even the repeated, tiresome debates about it, can keep it there.

Saudis and Qatar can do their thing. Think most fans, will hear things if they ever happen, when it happnes but are probably not going to keep up with developments like they used to. I'm worn out myself doing that.

Hardly noticed this anymore. Haven't seen this thread anywhere near the top of the page for a while. Not even the repeated, tiresome debates about it, can keep it there.

Saudis and Qatar can do their thing. Think most fans, will hear things if they ever happen, when it happnes but are probably not going to keep up with developments like they used to. I'm worn out myself doing that.

'Cause the Twitter bullshit finally isn't propping it up anymore.

And you're absolutely right about the second part of your post too. :thup:

Agree, I'm rapidly losing interest in everything football related at the minute.

Guest neesy111

This is correct.

Agree, I'm rapidly losing interest in everything football related at the minute.

This is almost me, I've more or less lost touch with English football. Watched 3 live games all season, all NUFC, and haven't really got into any of them when I've been watching them, playing on my phone and only giving them half my attention which would have been unheard of not so long ago!

Mixture of a lot of things. The failed takeover, no fans in the stadiums and Steve Bruce being the obvious ones. Started taking an interest in the Bundesliga on BT and I'm quite enjoying that mind.

Evidently DeGrosa has already had conversations with MA and he wants to set up a model following the man City one where he buys multiple clubs around the world.

Does he have the sort of money they do though?

Did some furious googling and poor translating around DeGrosa's GACP purchase of Bordeaux - which I think now makes me an expert on the matter - and he sounds like more of a chancer than Mauriss with arguably shittier business practices and similarly shallow pockets.

"The fans want a championship team. They want it all, I remember when I was young, I was a fan of the New York Mets baseball team," DaGrosa said.

Should instantly disqualify them btw. F&P Owners Test should absolutely include a question about this.

Bordeux finished 14th last season and made it to the semi-finals of the League Cup - this season, on the back of less than £10m of summer investment - has seen them taking on the top teams in the league.

Isn't this just what we had this season but with less money?

Don't know if this has been reported anywhere but I've just noticed that the PL updated their rules on 20th January and have made some pretty significant changes to the O&D test, adding a whole new section relating to people taking control of a club which includes what seems to be a more stringent assessment process and a requirement to agree to compliance monitoring.

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2021/01/21/707a919b-7915-4364-9a96-ad09c6f0e328/2020-21-PL-Handbook-200121.pdf

The section Acquisition of Control on page 134-135 is completely new, it wasn't in the handbook published at the start of the season or in previous season's handbooks.

Evidently DeGrosa has already had conversations with MA and he wants to set up a model following the man City one where he buys multiple clubs around the world.

Does he have the sort of money they do though?

The Athletic has an article on him today.  Apparently he has the money and some well connected people in the footballing world as advisers/partners.  Sounds like he might be the real deal.  The plan would be to start with a PL and add other clubs around the world with the view to establish multiple youth academies.

Don't know if this has been reported anywhere but I've just noticed that the PL updated their rules on 20th January and have made some pretty significant changes to the O&D test, adding a whole new section relating to people taking control of a club which includes what seems to be a more stringent assessment process and a requirement to agree to compliance monitoring.

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2021/01/21/707a919b-7915-4364-9a96-ad09c6f0e328/2020-21-PL-Handbook-200121.pdf

The section Acquisition of Control on page 134-135 is completely new, it wasn't in the handbook published at the start of the season or in previous season's handbooks.

This seems to have gone completely under the radar, can't find any report of it anywhere. This section was added to PL's owners and directors test on the 20th of January, none of it was in there before then:

F.24. If any Person proposed to acquire Control of a Club:

F.24.1. the Club and/or the Person shall, as far in advance of the proposed acquisition of Control as reasonably possibly and in any event no later than 10 Working Days prior to the date on which it is anticipated that such acquisition of Control will take place:

F.24.1.1. submit to the Board a duly completed Declaration in respect of each Person who will become a Director upon the proposed acquisition of Control; and

F.24.1.2. submit to the Board up-to-date Future Financial Information prepared to take into account the consequences of the change of Control on the Club’s future financial position; and

F.24.2. the Board shall have power to require the Club and/or the Person who proposed to acquire Control to appear before it and to provide evidence of the source and sufficiency of any funds which that Person proposes to invest in or otherwise make available to the Club.

F.25. In relation to any proposed acquisition of Control of a Club by a Person, the Board shall have the powers set out in Rule E.15 and/or the ability to impose such other conditions as in each case it may determine in order to monitor and/or ensure compliance with Sections E, F, G and/or I of these Rules (and their successor or replacement provisions).

F.26. No Person may acquire Control of a Club and no Club may permit a Person to acquire Control of it until such time as:

F.26.1. the Board provides confirmation that all Persons that are required to do so have complied with the process set out in Rule F.24.1.1 and no such Persons are liable to be disqualified as a Director under the provisions of Rule F.1;

F.26.2. the Board provides confirmation of its satisfaction with the information provided pursuant to Rule F.24.1.2; and

F.26.3. the Club and Person proposing to acquire Control have acceded to any powers and/or accepted any conditions imposed pursuant to Rule F.25.

F.27. Any Director or Official of a Club who (whether intentionally, negligently or recklessly) causes, allows or permits any Person to acquire Control of the Club in breach of Rule F.26 shall be in breach of these Rules and will be liable to be dealt with in accordance with the provisions of Section W of these Rules (Disciplinary). Without limitation to the foregoing, where any act of the Club, any Group Undertaking or any Director or Official thereof recognises:

F.27.1. any Person as meeting the definition of Director; or

F.27.2. any form of transfer (legal or beneficial) or any trust or joint ownership arrangements in relation to any share and the rights which may be exercised by a shareholder, without having first complied with Rule F.26 in full, it will constitute a breach of these Rules by that Club.

For a while we seemed to only exist tfor agents to throw out spruious links that their player might go to Newcastle if wage/price demands weren't met by the current interested party, maybe our new role can be buyers claiming they'll buy us instead if a deal isn't reached for who they're really going for?