Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

I wondered what the reference to September was in De Marco’s tweet yesterday, this makes a little sense of it.

Any significance to the use of leak instead of leek? Although mussel season is October to March

Edited by ED209

6 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

It was ‘leak’ and ‘leek’ that first piqued my interest in his tweet.

A bulk of the newspapers picked up where they left off with the “Killer Saudi Prince” thing. Someone has to have been feeding them new information that they’d bother running with this again. Id say that’s what the reference is to.

One thing I did notice though was that the consortium/club were very naive in terms of using the press. They should have been running with a corruption theme to muddy the waters and put pressure on the PL.

4 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Scallops with leeks and rich mussel soup = He’s got the leaks all ready to present and then the rich muscle is moving in.

Fish supper last night = He ate Amanda out

Pretty obvious.

😂 do you think they let George Caulkin watch?

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

A bulk of the newspapers picked up where they left off with the “Killer Saudi Prince” thing. Someone has to have been feeding them new information that they’d bother running with this again. Id say that’s what the reference is to.

One thing I did notice though was that the consortium/club were very naive in terms of using the press. They should have been running with a corruption theme to muddy the waters and put pressure on the PL.

If you run with a theme of corruption, especially using the press to do so, you’d better be sure you’ve got evidence to back you up surely?

1 minute ago, FloydianMag said:

If you run with a theme of corruption, especially using the press to do so, you’d better be sure you’ve got evidence to back you up surely?

When have the media ever needed evidence to run with a story? Whether MBS is guilty as sin about the Journalist, there’s fuck all evidence, like physical evidence. That he ordered and facilitated it, but that doesn’t stop the press from calling him a killer.

16 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Scallops with leeks and rich mussel soup = He’s got the leaks all ready to present and then the rich muscle is moving in.

Fish supper last night = He ate Amanda out

Pretty obvious.

Jesus christ :lol:

1 hour ago, Rocker said:

Arbitration (or even an agreement before arbitration) won't take place before we're mathematically safe.

If we were sitting comfortably in the table, we would've had a resolution either way.

As soon as it was probable (or even likely) we were going to be relegated, everything was paused.

Pointless for two very expensive legal teams fighting for a PL takeover when it may not even be necessary. 

What is the dependency between league safety and the arbitration?

If the arbitration is on the directors test and who is subject to it, it's separate from our league status?

How long is arbitration likely to last? I've seen mentions of it taking a matter of weeks to two years. Is there a timescale or a deadline? Do both parties take months to prepare their cases and then it's heard over a set period of time? Will there be further hearings, appeals and the like? I'd be interested to hear how the whole thing is likely to work.

The fact that they haven't even started the cunt, despite this being talked about for months on end doesn't bode well.

Fucking stuck in pergatory man. It's the hope that keeps you going. 

My Mother always used to say that the "very best things in life are worth waiting for".

Apart from being a very lovely lady, she was also a very wise person.

What she said certainly applies here so "ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS . . . . . . "

I can't help but feel the PL have been dragging it out in the hope we get relegated and the decision is made for them. I know people think PIF would stick around and complete the takeover regardless, but there's nothing (that I know of) to suggest that would definitely be the case.

I'm confident we'll get closure soon.

:indi:

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

How long is arbitration likely to last? I've seen mentions of it taking a matter of weeks to two years. Is there a timescale or a deadline? Do both parties take months to prepare their cases and then it's heard over a set period of time? Will there be further hearings, appeals and the like? I'd be interested to hear how the whole thing is likely to work.

The fact that they haven't even started the cunt, despite this being talked about for months on end doesn't bode well.

Fucking stuck in pergatory man. It's the hope that keeps you going. 

Pretty sure it’s 14 days once it has began. There is a reason why there has been a frenzy of media articles suddenly started to come out again after a couple of month of pretty much silence. Also there is definitely no coincidence that De Marco has highlighted leaks within his latest tweet.

I honestly think arbitration is not too far off starting and the Premier League are leaking info again to try and add pressure.

14 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

I can't help but feel the PL have been dragging it out in the hope we get relegated and the decision is made for them. I know people think PIF would stick around and complete the takeover regardless, but there's nothing (that I know of) to suggest that would definitely be the case.

I'm confident we'll get closure soon.

:indi:

By all accounts it was us that delayed the arbitration by challenging the guy on the panel.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

By all accounts it was us that delayed the arbitration by challenging the guy on the panel.

It's a fair point, but that doesn't fit my narrative. Instead we'll call that a necessary expert level chess move from De Marco ;)

I've got to be honest, my gut instinct tells me this isn't going to go through. The press smearing will come back in full effect, arbitration will reject it on a technicality and the Saudis will finally pull out for good. I just hope this is all done and dusted very soon so people can make up their minds about how invested they will be in NUFC, & football in general, going forward.

A total guessing game but maybe the delay tactics of challenging the chair were to get those freedom of information requests out in the public before pressing on. The whole issue of them briefing Downing Street in what’s supposed to be a confidential process seems important to the case.

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

Next fucking season? Fuck off man.

September, then "before Christmas", then it'll be back to "it'll go through at the end of the season" again. :lol: Purgatory is the definitely right word.

2 minutes ago, buzz said:

September, then "before Christmas", then it'll be back to "it'll go through at the end of the season" again. :lol: Purgatory is the definitely right word.

If we're safe, we'll know at the end of the season (or when we're safe), if we go down then this rumbles on for another couple of months. 

25 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I've got to be honest, my gut instinct tells me this isn't going to go through. The press smearing will come back in full effect, arbitration will reject it on a technicality and the Saudis will finally pull out for good. I just hope this is all done and dusted very soon so people can make up their minds about how invested they will be in NUFC, & football in general, going forward.

Same. All logic says it will be passed. We've got a foreign state who get whatever they want, backed by the British government, with support of the biggest kunt in high street retail, who has hired the best lawyers in the world and, for once, they're all legally in the right. But we are NUFC.

Edited by Candi_Hills