Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

They can debate the legal merits all they want, the only arguments that matter are those heard in Arbitration, everything else is just noise.

Spot on

26 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

They can debate the legal merits all they want, the only arguments that matter are those heard in Arbitration, everything else is just noise.

I'm not even convinced they matter. A clean and fair hearing seems almost impossible. It'll probably just come down to who has the best connections and who can blackmail, lobby and bribe the hardest.

Edited by Candi_Hills

All the evidence points to the Saudis still being interested in buying the club.

If the arbitration is safe and visible I’d be predicting a victory for Mike Ashley. The stench around Masters and the PL in general would make you think that everything would now be above board, which can only help the takeover cause. 

I’m not supremely confident of a positive outcome but if I had to place a bet I’d say there is more chance of if happening now that being rejected. 

Whist that's technically true, IIRC the PL have already said that all of the disclosed directors pass the test so it would just be a formality if the arbitration concludes that the KSA do not need to be disclosed as a director, which will be the fundamental question they are considering.

I personally think the arbitration is well well underway and its only a matter of time when there is a shock announcement  that the Takeover is done...

I don't have a clue when this will be though, i hope it's soon! Who knows maybe it's done and there waiting for us to be mathematically safe... That would be perfect end to season!!

34 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Arbitration doesn’t necessarily resolve the takeover, it just resolved whatever specific questions they’re considering. Then I guess the OD test resumes with that in mind? 

I’d wager that even if arbitration resolves that particular issue then the PL (and their ‘big 6’ cronies) will have a contingency plan for how else to stop it.  

Hope it's at least settled one way or the other, but I think even if the club loses arbitration that some people are far too emotionally invested in positive optimism and will start claiming that - or looking for clues that -there will be an appeal, or that the plan all along was to lose the arbitration and the Premier League have walked right into a trap.

45 minutes ago, DurhamMag said:

I personally think the arbitration is well well underway and its only a matter of time when there is a shock announcement  that the Takeover is done...

That is the logic of it.

We will know more by the end of this week, thanks to Keith.

Edited by manorpark

I'm in the it's going ahead camp, but this strange love in for some grunt named Keith who's been abusing our own fans over social media is just... weird.

Nothing to do with Nick de Marco, just down to some bloke called Keith from Whitley. Took down the PL himself with the swig of a can.

Edited by ShoTime

59 minutes ago, manorpark said:

That is the logic of it.

We will know more by the end of this week, thanks to Keith.

We'll know more about what? Whether there's going to be a shock announcement?

Edited by Shearergol

31 minutes ago, ShoTime said:

I'm in the it's going ahead camp, but this strange love in for some grunt named Keith who's been abusing our own fans over social media is just... weird.

Nothing to do with Nick de Marco, just down to some bloke called Keith from Whitley. Took down the PL himself with the swig of a can.

Agreed, who the fuck is Keith :lol:

Guest reefatoon
6 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

At least he got off his arse and is trying to do something.

Aye, he's a random target for people to wave their angry stick at. He's doing nothing that affects them in any way too, so let him get on with it. Yet the poor bloke is slagged off left right and centre. So strange.

Edited by reefatoon

3 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

At least he got off his arse and is trying to do something.

Trying to do something productive is like being a cannibal and using a knife and fork is but is still being a cannibal. He was, is and will always be an attention seeking knacker who has caused problems for the takeover