PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

If anyone wants a way to track what happened when in Spring/Summer 2020 there was a thread on Reddit HERE (Reddit) 

It goes as far as June when the Saudi's originally pulled out.

God when it all went to shit at the end of July. :lol: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: Can still remember where I was, could barely get through the job I was doing. 

42 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

God when it all went to shit at the end of July. :lol: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: Can still remember where I was, could barely get through the job I was doing. 

Ashley, Lord love'im, said straight away he'd contest it and I always thought (sure it's on here) that if Saudi/PIF could buy UK companies or invest then business law would beat all and until its off by all sides....its on.

It was my 1st week or so back at work after shielding. My mate text me to tell me and I saw the press release and I knew straight away that they hadn’t told walked away and they were trying to play the Premier Leagues hand.

Watched Super Greed (The Fight for Football) last night. Brilliant stuff but doesn't half boil one's piss. Utter cunts running clubs beyond their means with an insatiable appetite for more and more cash.

Well noticed Johnson flip-flopped as per and Masters, the sly cunt.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

The pull out news hit me so hard. Was genuinely depressed. 

I was in London- was it the hottest day of the year? As a show of how disconnected I was, I saw the news on the BBC website. As well as the horrible sting of disappointment there was also, as the day went on, something like relief that I could take that news like a bullet before moving on with the rest of the day spent with my mam and brother. I was out. 

I was seeing my parents for the first time since Christmas 2019, staying in a cottage in Cumbria, we had been out for a walk and then checked my phone and saw the gutting news. Ended up having a row with my Mum in the evening and then coming down with a stomach bug and throwing up all night. What a shit day all round.

I was working from home and was mid call when the sky sports notification popped up, felt devastated and completely switched off from what I was doing. 

Thankfully it became clear within the following 24-48 hours that all was not dead!

Had to search him up to see who he is/how he's doing.

A forward who managed just 5 in 45 for them and has nearly bested that in just 12 appearances since heading to Portsmouth. :lol: Sounds about right. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I wonder if they'll announce any new sponsorship deals at the end of the season.

I have a feeling we will see quite few announcements at the end of the season, I think everything to this point has been rightfully about staying up.

Guest neesy111
3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I wonder if they'll announce any new sponsorship deals at the end of the season.

Think there's no doubt about that.

Guest reefatoon
24 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I think you will see movement on both this and Ashworth (pay his release fee early) when we guarantee safety.

Edited by reefatoon

I think we all know anything we try will be challenged. 

I imagine they're waiting because you can justify a more substantial sponsorship package for a Premier League club next season than a team that will probably be a Premier League club next season. 

33 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

As late as possible so they can’t be challenged I’d imagine.

Can’t do it. Everything now has to go to the Premier League before any announcements. Apparently we were good to go for new deals in December, so there is a huge chance that the Premier League have left it sit on the desk for the last 4 months or rejected those deals and behind the scenes the club is appealing that.

There is no chance FUN 88 will be staying after the end of their contract with us, which is supposed to end at the end of this season.

I’ll not be sad to see the back of a Chinese betting company tbh. I know they are popular but I also found their social media output a bit crass. Naive I know - just didn’t like the way they confected stuff like the Sunderland rivalry or support for Rafa and silence the rest of the time.