Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Who's Richard Hughes?

I know there was a Richard Hughes who played for Bournemouth and Portsmouth, who played with Eddie Howe, no idea if it's the same bloke like.

Edited by Bimpy474

The one thing he should be thinking is that he wants a top class DOF who can get him the best players available. That is one of his main problems. Aye give him some input but in every video I’ve seen of him talking about Bournemouth he’s talking about how it went stale, so why is he trying to transplant Bournemouth every where he goes 

18 minutes ago, BergenMagpie said:

The other 19 are probably dropping some hints that any manager who signs with us will never be appointed elsewhere in the PL [emoji38]

Looks like there is a limit to what dirty money can buy, after all

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Damn ... I mean reading that I kind of get it.

You'd hope the club could find a role for him within the recruitment team with their own choice of DOF if it came down to it. Sounds like he was quite instrumental to Howe's achievements as manager.

Not sure he is the issue though. Sounds like its more just agreeing terms with all of the staff, as Howe's terms are already sorted, and they wouldn't have been if there wasn't even an agreement over the people coming in surely?

2 minutes ago, ozzrahog said:

Looks like there is a limit to what dirty money can buy, after all

Must admit it would not surprise me as it may explain why Emery suddenly got cold feet, more plausible than some of the other reasons

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

The issue is the director role is meant to  provide continuity in the event of a change of manager. 

if Howe brings his mate it renders that useless. 

Yeah, I agree 100%. He should not be demanding his buddy becoming dof/SD whatever you wanna call the role. It will render the point useless as you stated regarding continuity.

So if that is the case, forget him and bring in Fonseca in the mix again :lol:

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Damn ... I mean reading that I kind of get it.

You'd hope the club could find a role for him within the recruitment team with their own choice of DOF if it came down to it. Sounds like he was quite instrumental to Howe's achievements as manager.

Not sure he is the issue though. Sounds like its more just agreeing terms with all of the staff, as Howe's terms are already sorted, and they wouldn't have been if there wasn't even an agreement over the people coming in surely?

But that Italian journalist clearly referred to the issue being a member of his “technical” staff.