Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Wandy said:

Edwards would be all over this if true. Mind you, if it does collapse they need to just take the punt on Fonseca. And do it rapidly.

It does feel like clubs are trying to take the piss for compensation fees etc. It doesn't bode well for January when we are trying to sign players.

Aye let's just hope the owners learn from their mistakes regardless who we appoint. 

Last thing we need is Staveley interviewing 3 or 4 central midfielders in January before makings a mess of signing the one she eventually decides on. 

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Aye let's just hope the owners learn from their mistakes regardless who we appoint. 

Last thing we need is Staveley interviewing 3 or 4 central midfielders in January before makings a mess of signing the one she eventually decides on. 

Come on. 

What the fuck is happening in these interviews if we are in a position where the deal is being delayed due to what Howe wants?  How the hell is that not sorted before now, are they just talking about the finer points of the Christmas tree formation? 

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I'd imagine both Fonseca and Favre or anyone with a shred of self respect will tell us to do one. We would end up with someone like wilder.

At this point I would actually take someone like Wilder. We just need someone to keep us up.

Think its telling that its been nearly an hour since that Mirror article and no one else has reported anything. 

Also, the way this tweet is worded makes it sounds like the article is meer speculation:

We don't know anything about the finer details of the deal being negotiated. It's easy for us to look at the Emery situation and now this potential issue with the Howe deal and draw ill-informed and worrisome conclusions; but what is being requested/demanded from them may be wholly unreasonable and not conducive to other plans and deals also being worked on by Staveley and her team. Perhaps other roles and positions are already lined up to filled and the demands of the prospective managers aren't compatible with them.

Anything could be the case, or the recent speculation may be complete lacking any substance and all may be well with this particular target. Patience. What will be will be.

It's an absolutely nothing piece like. Not saying I'm not worried but it doesn't look like there is much in it, see what Hope/Caulkin et al say next before I go into meltdown [emoji38]

Edited by TheHoob

1 minute ago, Thomson Mouse said:

What about the back room staff is it?

Howe wants some and the board didn't realise, they thought he'd be OK on his own so they didn't ask in the intensive, multi-faceted interview process 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Think its telling that its been nearly an hour since that Mirror article and no one else has reported anything. 

Also, the way this tweet is worded makes it sounds like the article is meer speculation:

Aye that’s my thoughts too.

Got to wonder if announcing the deal before kick off only to deflate everyone when we get stuffed is a good idea, too.

I feel a bit sorry for the consortium here. They know that the lack of communication from the club under Ashley was non-existent so they want to keep fans in the loop and are clearly desperate to give them some hope ASAP. But it looks like they are being a little bit naive in jumping the gun with media leaks when things are not properly sorted. This is all part of the enormous learning curve they are on. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Howe has signed subject to us agreeing deals with his backroom staff, for whatever reason that us taking longer than planned.

Yeah that's what it has been reported and so Howe must be happy with who is actually coming in.

Question is, what on earth are his staff asking for?! Hope they're not trying to take the piss because the new owners are 'the richest in football'.

My goodness, this is something else.