Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, worthy said:

The thing is, We all have seen how shit the Shelvey / Willock CM has been, nothing was done until today for some reason. We all know that Ritchie and Clark have at least 1 if not 2-3 major mistakes every game. Yet they get played until suspensions. The man clearly has some absurd picks and one should be allowed to point that out.

There are no fucking options in this squad ffs.

Howe puts Hayden and/or Hendrick/Longstaff to midfield and he gets slagged off for picking shite players. If Krafth was starting instead of Ritchie, you would be slagging him off for having Krafth on the pitch. Schär most likely needed the rest and Clark is sadly the only option right now.

I’m still certain he’ll keep us up. It’s blatant that he’s been trying to get the team more fit as well as trying to get us more comfortable on the ball and trying to play on the front foot. A couple of new defenders and a midfielder or two early in the window and we’ll be fine when the opposition is a bit easier as well. Roll on January!

Just now, Khalidao said:

This has nothing to do with Howe or Bruce tbf. The squad is clearly at championship level, and not top of the championship either.

Same squad has comfortably stayed us last two seasons, with a worse manager in charge.

This squad is no worse than anyone in the bottom half bar Everton.

Would like to have seen Howe start a couple of the under 23 defenders today instead of picking the usual dross. The experience would have done them good  What is it with NUFC not giving young uns a chance?

Edited by Ken Boon

Difficult to improve defensively when you have no proper defenders. Willock has been a total disaster this season and on current showing we paid £19 million too much for him. The set up is much better organised under Howe and 2/3 decent players would make a massive difference. We don't need world beaters at the moment just decent footballers

Judge him at end of January for me but on the showing so far there are only two positives for me; Joelinton and the fact Howe seems to 'get it' in terms of harnessing unity.

Otherwise, there's many many mistakes to balance these out.

Said it at the time and will say it again, Rafa keeps us up from here. Massively doubtful Howe can.

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

There aren't any circumstances where it's appropriate to play Clark over Schar. Especially if Ritchie's going to be down that side too.

Schär most likely needed the rest as he hasn't been playing much for ages. Much rather throw Clark in to play in the game where we have less than 5% chance of winning and guarantee you have Schär for the Man U game.

Just now, jackyboy said:

Difficult to improve defensively when you have no proper defenders. Willock has been a total disaster this season and on current showing we paid £19 million too much for him. The set up is much better organised under Howe and 2/3 decent players would make a massive difference. We don't need world beaters at the moment just decent footballers

The defenders are not good enough, but the goals are so easy. Waaay to easy. We are so open its a disgrace.

Get in defenders who can actually defend, and I think we'll be alright with him in charge, i've seen enough in our shape and attacking play to say that we will starting picking up the wins, it's just whether its enough. He really did get dealt the worst cards possible. I don't think even Rafa would have had many more points that Howe's got to be honest. 

Edited by 54

2 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Judge him at end of January for me but on the showing so far there are only two positives for me; Joelinton and the fact Howe seems to 'get it' in terms of harnessing unity.

Otherwise, there's many many mistakes to balance these out.

Said it at the time and will say it again, Rafa keeps us up from here. Massively doubtful Howe can.

Enery would have been the right choice (he was first choice tbf), but unfortunately someone opened their big mouths and fucked it up.

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Same squad has comfortably stayed us last two seasons, with a worse manager in charge.

This squad should have been comfortably relegated as dead last in 19/20 without the massive luck Bruce had.

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Nah thats not true, all the other teams have strengthened we bought only Willock in the summer, the squad has been so stagnant for so long, that we're comfortably have one of the three worst squads in the league. 

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Enery would have been the right choice (he was first choice tbf), but unfortunately someone opened their big mouths and fucked it up.

If Emery wanted to be here, he would be. He bottled it so he can get to fuck tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

This squad should have been comfortably relegated as dead last in 19/20 without the massive luck Bruce had.

I remember going through a patch where we were absolutely awful but kept picking up points from goals scored by defenders. I mean that shit only happens once in a blue moon. Bruce was an abomination. 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Nah thats not true, all the other teams have strengthened we bought only Willock in the summer, the squad has been so stagnant for so long, that we're comfortably have one of the three worst squads in the league. 

How have Leeds, Burnley, Norwich, Southampton, Brighton and Watford strengthened?

They’ve got the same shit they’ve had too. 

We’re no worse than any of them.