Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Not knee jerking on my part, I said he was totally the wrong choice when his name was first mentioned and I’ve seen nothing to suggest otherwise 

You’re excused then 

Just now, Dan Gleebals said:

Not so much a critisism but why not start one of the young stikers today and have a proper look? Not saying they are the answer but in the grand scheme of things, if you are going to lose a game like that, you may as well try something different.

This is where I’m at, why persist with players who we know aren’t good enough for where we want to be as a club.

Give him the benefit of the doubt - he inherited a piss weak squad with one striker  and no creativity. We’ve seen some improvements in general but until we change the personnel we’ll still be shit. I’ll judge him from the end of January and if we’re still shite he deserves the pelters.

Just now, Decky said:

If Howe keeps us up I hope some of the comments in this thread are bumped immediately following the final whistle that confirms our safety. 

Eh?  Are we not allowed to call a shit managerial performance a shit managerialism performance?

7 hours ago, Decky said:

Can't see how this is Howe's fault. He put out a near full strength side. The players are dreadful and spineless, no amount of management can change that. These players need fucked off for some proper players and then we can start judging Howe. Guardiola couldn't motivate the wankers we have at the club right now. 

Whilst yes, we need to judge him when we have more new players in, it is worrying how little the results and performances have improved under him.

Motivating players to get the most out of what you have is the definition of good management, you see it all the time in football where a team can look spineless under one manager then committed and organised under another.

Edited by Jackie Broon

Just now, Big Geordie said:

As I said in the match thread - these players will see us relegated. Too many don't care/have given up and I'm not sure Howe can sort this out between now and the end of the season. Needs a huge clearout come what may.

A lot of the plodders know their time is up. Shelvey, Richie, Longstaff should have been shown the door years ago.

He’s going to have to gut this squad.

Would not surprise me if there was some sort of players committee, the dregs worried about being replaced and they are sticking together to try and keep standards low.

4 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

I was happy with his appointment, but I'm getting concerned I have to say.

Saying it's the squad only this result is making excuses for him today.  We looked very predictable for most of that match.

Spot on.

Don't think there's an issue with how Eddie is training and managing the team tbh but as I've said before, if he doesn't recognise the strengths of his attacking players sooner rather than later he's gonna bomb. 

Even trying to play Joelinton further up the pitch was the wrong decision, and yet inspite of watching him absolutely excel in a deeper position he still managed to end up upfront. That's inexcusable imo.

As soon as Eddie Howe said in his press conference that he'd been hammering it home all week that this game was must win, I was worried. 

These players cannot deal with expectation. They have no drive or standard that they strive to meet. Most are here because they were offered a contract and they knew the club would, at worst, yo-yo between the top two divisions.

No disrespect intended to Cambridge whatsoever, but you'd be fuming about this result as a bottom half Championship side, never mind a team that is supposed to be fighting for their future.

Regardless of the selection or tactics it's kind of irrelevant when most of the players our there looked like they'd never controlled or passed a ball before. The amount of bad touches and overhit balls was like a Sunday league team.