Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Huge week and I have no complaints about the way we've played in these two home games, today not as stylish as midweek but game management and defending a lead comfortably boxes ticked today in a big way.

I'm still not fully convinced by some of the selection decisions (Lascelles seemingly only missing out by necessity today) but he's banished some of the knackers like Clark, Ritchie etc and the new buys all look great, other than Wood who doesn't look like he has a goal in him despite helping the shape a lot.

I was more critical than most and the next few games will be interesting to see if we can maintain the form, but I'm a hell of a lot more reassured with EH than I was even a month ago and I have to hold my hands up to that.

Its the improvement in effort and application from the players he inherited that shows the difference between this manager and the last one.

Every one of them has improved. Shelvey can't get into games the way he's supposed to but his efforts are up, Jo is a new man, Willock is getting better, Lascelles was better in the last two games, Dubs, Fraser all better.

Edited by Wolfcastle

4 minutes ago, worthy said:

sewpa suportah, no one can touch you, you are a blessing of a man, truly a one of a kind, everyone should bow down in the dust, lay down and let you walk over. I spouted shit and aint afraid to admit it, but you come off like a fucking cunt man.

I may come off as one, but you are a bonafide  one. I am only going to keep this in the Eddie Howe thread though.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Huge week and I have no complaints about the way we've played in these two home games, today not as stylish as midweek but game management and defending a lead comfortably boxes ticked today in a big way.

I'm still not fully convinced by some of the selection decisions (Lascelles seemingly only missing out by necessity today) but he's banished some of the knackers like Clark, Ritchie etc and the new buys all look great, other than Wood who doesn't look like he has a goal in him despite helping the shape a lot.

I was more critical than most and the next few games will be interesting to see if we can maintain the form, but I'm a hell of a lot more reassured with EH than I was even a month ago and I have to hold my hands up to that.

I've said it before but I do think he winged it a lot at the start, and blagged the interview. I think a lot of the weird stuff early on was probably down to bad info being fed to him by people already at the club.

I love high intensity football, it's notoriously difficult though and Howe seems to have instilled it into one of the most mismanaged and lazy groups of players in the Football League.

As i've said not long ago he's doing a fine job and looking forward to how he takes us forward. We are not safe yet, and even if we win every game i am not going to apologise for reasonable doubts on him. I have always liked him as a good progressive manager who tries to play football the right way. My doubts are probably no more than doubts over if any manager can overcome the basketcase this club was before the new owners came in. There is a lot to turn around and very well done for Howe to seem to be getting over it. 

But we are not safe yet. Even if we went down I may conclude not much more Howe could do. I just am not calling him the second coming of Keegan yet.

Just now, POOT 2.0 said:

What's the point in that? Other than coming across as an even bigger prat. Opinions change...and people are allowed to change their opinions. Takes a bigger person to admit they were wrong and change than it does to stubbornly stick in. 

You should congratulate them rather than bitch at them, and be holier than now. 

Such a pointlessly angry post after a massively positive game. 

Oh FFS dude. Some of you pointlessly pessimistic whiners stunk up the Rafa thread and acted like nothing happened. I seriously have no problem with those who say they jumped the gun. The problem I have is those who I know will continue on this warpath of cynicism. I love this forum and 95% of the posters are wonderful, but it made it a bit trying at times.

I think sometimes how 'pessimistic' or 'optimistic' someone is goes to how they manage their emotions as a fan. I tend to assume the worst, will be wrong half the time but then prefer to be pleasantly surprised. Some people are optimistic, will be wrong half the time and enjoy the optimistic outlook and deal with the failure. Fair enough. I don't think i've ever gone on a cynical warpath and i don't really mean to be negative so do apologise if have annoyed you somehow. I am not going to apologise for trying to keep my feet on the ground though.

Just now, Tiresias said:

I think sometimes how 'pessimistic' or 'optimistic' someone is goes to how they manage their emotions as a fan. I tend to assume the worst, will be wrong half the time but then prefer to be pleasantly surprised. Some people are optimistic, will be wrong half the time and enjoy the optimistic outlook and deal with the failure. Fair enough. I don't think i've ever gone on a cynical warpath and i don't really mean to be negative so do apologise if have annoyed you somehow. I am not going to apologise for trying to keep my feet on the ground though.

Honestly you never bothered me, dude. Anyway, onward and upward.

28 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

No I don’t. At least you admit yoy

overreacted. Some on here have been utterly insufferable, and will Just slink

away and pretend that they didn’t spout garbage. I will certainly remind them.

Reading the match thread on the bus on the way home and there's a continual theme where some are desperate to call him out and have a pop at him for apparently getting stuff wrong, not doing whatever. Luckily those who actually go to the games are fully behind him and the players. Getting out of the shit he inherited has been a real team effort and he deserves a load of credit. 

Edited by Joey Linton

It is incredible this is largely the same players that started the season. We were by some distance the worst team in the league over the last year or so. Badly organized, lazy, apathetic and soft. The high press, while we faded today, is intense and really gives me positivity every time we play. Our press and relentless intensity will give ANY team a problem and tough day at the office. We deserved a bit of luck today but Howe turning this squad around, albeit with some canny character additions, is hugely impressive. Long way to go but glad Howe is finding hard work paying off finally. Long may it continue.