Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's tedious but expected. The narrative has gone from "richest club in the Championship", to "from Mbappe and Haaland to Burn and Wood", to "ah well you had a £100 million to spend".

Best just to ignore it really.

Ignore what? :bluestar:

4 hours ago, midds said:

Works out as 58 points over the season. That should be the target next season, he's set the benchmark now go and buy 3/4 top quality first teamers and try and get about 60 points next year, fuck it. 

I think we are Wolves level already and the only issue is whether the new defensive solidity can be maintained as we add more creativity and play higher up the pitch. We've conceded more than a Wolves amount of goals under Howe, but well over half have been in blowout games where all three points were long gone. In the vast majority of Howe games, we've let in one or none. This is a major reason why we've managed all those comebacks in 2022. 

Before buying anyone, Trippier coming back improves us in both attack and defence, of course. 

30 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's tedious but expected. The narrative has gone from "richest club in the Championship", to "from Mbappe and Haaland to Burn and Wood", to "ah well you had a £100 million to spend".

Best just to ignore it really.

In my semi informed opinion, semi as in I am not a football expert but it seemed like sensible buys to improve areas lacking. Wood for 25M wasn't astute buy in and of itself. It was necessary as the window was closing and he had a release clause. Trippier and Bruno were smart moves that had a massive impact. Target and Burn were also solid and required. So what did those twats on twitter expect? Just sink? The stupid fuckers. Ashley left a chunk of money available under FFP and they used it.  You'd have to be a proper moron not to. They really should shut the fuck up as they make no logical sense.

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

A few things - £100 Mil spent well - really well and I think Eddie had a massive hand in that.  He's improved the current players at the club, he's had to integrate all the new players.  Credit where credit is due - I didn't think he was the right man for the job, How wrong I was.

I think we need to be able to play a more expansive game. We defend well and are orgaised defending, but we lack technical quality to be able to dominate possession and control the game.

Need a few more good transfer windows to enable the next step...

5 minutes ago, buzza said:

I think we need to be able to play a more expansive game. We defend well and are orgaised defending, but we lack technical quality to be able to dominate possession and control the game.

Need a few more good transfer windows to enable the next step...

I think Howe has mentioned in a few interviews we aren't playing ideally how he would like us to be 

I think that will gradually change as the starting XI changes with each window 

6 minutes ago, duo said:

A few things - £100 Mil spent well - really well and I think Eddie had a massive hand in that.  He's improved the current players at the club, he's had to integrate all the new players.  Credit where credit is due - I didn't think he was the right man for the job, How wrong I was.

Yes, you were wrong about Eddie.  Too many of our supporters wrote him off far too quickly.  Incredible mind set actually.

Guest HTT II

He’s the man, an incredible turn around, in how we defend, how we attack, our fitness, spirit, attitude, everything.