Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I watched Philadelphia Union v Bournemouth a few years back and was left being very impressed with Howe. At the time we had some random Ashley no mark in place, maybe McLaren. I am extremely happy he is now our manager. I really believe he could be our Shankly.

Edited by OverThere

52 minutes ago, OverThere said:

I watched Philadelphia Union v Bournemouth a few years back and was left being very impressed with Howe. At the time we had some random Ashley no mark in place, maybe McLaren. I am extremely happy he is now our manager. I really believe he could be our Shankly.

D86C2B98-4C92-465A-9FE5-5197BD8BE0AE.thumb.jpeg.a4acda4ffe0553f3d15e7cd19541b82b.jpeg

What is clear about Howe is that he has really developed as a manager since his time at Bournemouth.  So many managers seem to return to management with exactly the same playing style and ethos, whereas Howe seems to have evolved into a more well rounded manager. 

I watched a video recently from January this year where Danny Murphy and Simon Jordan (I know) were saying Howe was the wrong choice of appointment because he couldn't grind out wins and drill a team defensively, which has been proved not to be the case.  Clearly the time he has spent out of the game visiting other teams and working on improving his weaknesses has done wonders.

1 hour ago, simonsays said:

What is clear about Howe is that he has really developed as a manager since his time at Bournemouth.  So many managers seem to return to management with exactly the same playing style and ethos, whereas Howe seems to have evolved into a more well rounded manager. 

I watched a video recently from January this year where Danny Murphy and Simon Jordan (I know) were saying Howe was the wrong choice of appointment because he couldn't grind out wins and drill a team defensively, which has been proved not to be the case.  Clearly the time he has spent out of the game visiting other teams and working on improving his weaknesses has done wonders.

?? One of his strengths is being able to identify his weakness, and look to change and improve on it. 

1 hour ago, simonsays said:

Watched that exact video on YT this morning with a big grin painted on my face. The two of them don't come out of that one too well.

33 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Enjoyed his latest presser. Seems to have a very good relationship with the journos. 

As opposed to wanting them slapped. Disgrace how long Bruce was allowed to get away with his shite at our club (and one or two of his mates in the press gloss over his abject failure).

The man is a fraud!

He's just copying what our previous managers did....  Both pardew and bruce handed out a sheet of paper first thing.....

Only difference was the 'king' wanted their wives contact information and bacon boy wanted the login details of their deliveroo accounts.

7 hours ago, simonsays said:

If he went away and improved it surely that proves it was the case.

3 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

If he went away and improved it surely that proves it was the case.

Except we didnt employ the Eddie Howe of two years ago.  All it proves is how pathetic the level.of punditry on Talksport is - the likes of Jordan and Murphy simply looked at his time in charge of Bournemouth and made a judgement.  It was well documented that Edie Howe had been spending his time visiting other clubs,watching training sessions and talking to coaches with different styles and methods.  Thankfully those in charge of NUFC delved a little deeper than Bournemouth couldn't defend = Newcastle wont be able to defend.

Guest HTT II

My biggest worry with Howe is that his Bournemouth team was very expansive and they shipped in lots of goals and given how bad we were under Bruce defensively I thought we would ship goals in too under Howe. Surprisingly, though, under him we are very Rafa like and that shows me he can get a team to defend and that he’s learned and is willing to  adapt which will end up keeping us up. Not bad for that fella from Bournemouth…