Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

He's smashed it this season, he's turned the club around, got the players motivated, organised and performing. He's also engaged the fans and got them all behind him and he deserves a huge amount of credit for it. 

Next season will see a different remit though, the goals of next season will be different to those of this one. He'll need to push on and make progress up the league. He'll be backed 100% in the market but whoever he buys will need to be integrated and deliver, the bar will be raised pretty steeply over the next 3 years or so and he'll need to get it right. I like him, I rate him but he'll need to step it up as the expectations from the owners will definitely rise exponentially.  

I hope the fixture list is kind to us next season. I think that could help alot if we get a decent run of fixtures from the off to set us up well and boost the confidence of the players and staff.

Absolutely unthinkable what he has done here really. I rated him before he came, I was a little soured given other names linked at first but I just can't see another manager would have pulled off what he did. Even rating him a little I thought the squad and league position was likely too far gone. I am so excited to see what we look like next year with players that he wants around him playing for the club. 

Legendary and part of our folklore now even if things go square next year. 

Cannot be overstated what a wonderful job Eddie Howe has done - and done it with a demeanor as even-keeled and professional as I have ever seen. Clearly gets what it means to lead a club like ours but has never seemed overwhelmed or anything other than calm and controlled. 

I think he can grow with the club but that's for another day. For now, it's enough to applaud the job he's done. Perfect manager for us right now.

Guest reefatoon

What a fucking achievement man. We were dead and buried.

Edited by reefatoon

Just now, The Prophet said:

Absolutely love the fact that he took time out of the game to address his weaknesses. A top pro and a fantastic ambassador for the club.

And without wanting to speak too soon, looks like he's learned a fair bit. I was fully expecting us to be, at best, better going forward and open at the back like Bournemouth were. Nothing about our good run was like that, we were really solid and nicked important goals and shut up shop.

Whatever happens, he will leave this club as a legend. Its now up to him how far he wants to take that legendary status.

Will it be "Eddie how was a decent manager for us."

Or "God".

I really love him as a bloke, so centred and calm. 

I trust the gaffer will be having a glass tonight now the maths are in - and then back to thinking about the Arsenal game as soon as he’s necked it.

Irrespective of money spent, this club was destined for the drop before he came in.  We all know that - bollocks to know-nowt pundits.  Whatever happens from here on in, it’ll always be remembered that it was built upon his achievement this season.

And I’m also over the moon to write that, if what is coming over the next few years happens as we think it does, we’ll get to bore future generations of NUFC supporters about what it was like to be worried about relegation.  Can’t wait - I’m a naturally cantankerous bastard at the best of times.

Cheers!

Six years to the day that relegation was rubber-stamped by a 3-0 mackem victory over Everton, Newcastle's Premier League safety was mathematically confirmed without kicking a ball on Wednesday night.
A 3-0 win for Chelsea over Leeds United at Elland Road tonight left the eighteenth-placed Whites nine points behind the Magpies with just two games left.
To have recovered from what looked like the hopeless position of one victory and just 12 points from our first 20 games of the season is a remarkable achievement - with the mid-season transfers only one part of the story.

Wherever we go from here and whoever ends up wearing the black and white shirt, the class of 2022 deserve massive credit for restoring some belief, integrity and pride to the club and the supporters.
For Eddie Howe it's a personal triumph and for the club a vindication of their decision to appoint him; top-flight survival priceless to owners for whom the loss of face that would have accompanied relegation was incalculable.
While reaching this point in previous seasons was the limit of our ambitions though, things are rather different on Barrack Road these days. Tonight was the first building block - and hopefully the cornerstone of future success. 
If you're raising a glass, the toast is:
"the fella from Bournemouth who got a team relegated."

From .com :lol: 

I thought we we'd had it after the summer transfer window closed. Thanks to our new owners and an inspired choice of manager, we've made it with two games to spare. Great stuff, and hopefully a fair bit to look forward to.

Got no doubt Eddie and his team worked ultra professionally and hard not just on the training ground but studiously off it too on all kinds of aspects at the club.  Earned more than a good drink tonight but probably won't even take it. Please be congratulating themselves somehow, I'd feel guilty if they werent.

Its very much appreciated.

Edited by Wolfcastle