Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

How good is it listening to him, on a different level to most we have had stinking the place out over the years.

Really looking forward to our game approach next year.  

Yeah, he’s very easy to listen to - a quality shared by all my favourite NUFC managers.  Being a competent communicator helps the man in that position for me.  Keegan, Robson, Hughton, Benitez, Howe - I was always happy to hear them talk.

21 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, he’s very easy to listen to - a quality shared by all my favourite NUFC managers.  Being a competent communicator helps the man in that position for me.  Keegan, Robson, Hughton, Benitez, Howe - I was always happy to hear them talk.

What about Bruce? I think it's disrespectful to the competitive eating community that he is not included in the list of great communicators 

26 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Always reminds me of that scene in Anchorman where the news is on in that dirty biker bar and the guy is like "Hey, everyone, shut up, Ron Burgundy's on" and then there's silence. 

The TV would definitely be smashed to pieces if it was Pardew or Bruce. 

Still don't get the Vieira love in. One point above Howe with a 14? Game head start

Got through to an fa cup final beating lower league opposition

Not as though they have r got a team full of mugs either

I think Frank will win it, but really considering where we were when he joined, and the fact he's had to make history in recovering from such a position, it really should be Howe getting this accolade. Especially considering he did it without two of his blue chip players.

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

Still don't get the Vieira love in. One point above Howe with a 14? Game head start

Got through to an fa cup final beating lower league opposition

Not as though they have r got a team full of mugs either

I think Vieira's definitely done a good job, I thought he'd struggle. But pepple are exaggerating how much he has done, youd think they were going to challenge top 6 the way people are going on.

To be honest I think it's a fairly weak selection this year, or should I say I can't really see a clear winner. No one really has outstanding claims to be honest. IMO, anyway.

:clap::clap::clap:

Well deserved. It'll likely be a stretch to expect him to win it, especially with the 'bought their way out of trouble' narrative some are trying to drum up but it's great to see his fantastic work so far recognised.

Wouldn't begrudge Thomas Frank getting it, Brentford not being in any tangible relegation bother all season is a fantastic achievement. Fair enough if Vieira gets it too; had to oversee a massive overhaul off the playing squad and likewise have been totally comfortable all season.

Howe's achievements are comparable but he won't win it because of the January spend, despite him being as responsible as anyone for the transfer window, and it's success should be tallied against his name just as much as any wins. But meh.

Pep and Klopp are the two best managers in the league and I think the latter's overall achievements with Liverpool are probably the most impressive since Ferguson and Wenger. But it would be a bit boring of either of them won it. 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I think Frank will win it, but really considering where we were when he joined, and the fact he's had to make history in recovering from such a position, it really should be Howe getting this accolade. Especially considering he did it without two of his blue chip players.

Jesus, thought you meant Lampard for a second there. 

It's just Premier League to take into consideration isn't it? Or at least it should be.

You'd therefore say that 2nd is the minimum expectation for both City and Liverpool and their points totals will be excellent but not exceptional. Neither should win

Palace have improved from last season no doubt, but as pointed out they are 1 point above us, potentially will finish below us with a 14 game head start over Howe. Honorable mention but no first place.

Brentford have absolutely overperformed this season and Frank has to be in the top 2.

Howe's ppg is well in excess of both Palace and Brentford which for me puts him in direct competition with Frank.

Frank will (and probably should) get it

Palace currently have the same points total as last season. Like most I think Vieira has done a good job and I expected them to struggle but there does seem to have been a bit of history rewriting going on around him as they have a couple of exciting young players. Would have had Potter ahead of him and if they hadn’t tailed off horrifically Lage too. Realistically though none should be in the frame.

52 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Well deserved. Frank should win it though.

Really? He's done a good job at Brentford but it's hardly unusual for a newly promoted team to finish mid-table in their first season (only to then struggle in the following season). The way Howe has turned us around is actually exceptional, as is what Pep has achieved and he probably should and will win it.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Really? He's done a good job at Brentford but it's hardly unusual for a newly promoted team to finish mid-table in their first season (only to then struggle in the following season). The way Howe has turned us around is actually exceptional, as is what Pep has achieved and he probably should and will win it.

Well Watford and Norwich finished higher in the championship than Brentford and have been dreadful.

Brentford haven't been in a relegation battle all season and produced one of the results of the season beating Chelsea away