Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

7 minutes ago, LV said:

It’s a long old season, others will get injuries too. 

They will but as we are so early in our journey there is a massive gap.  We go from Bruno, whom, if Real Madrid signed from us would probably be first choice for them to Sean Longstaff who probably wouldn't.

I don’t think it was just bad luck for Howe to have injury crisis at both Bournemouth and here. Not that I blame him for this, but seems his tactics do require players to stretch to their limit, hence much more prone to injuries

The board should give him more support by bringing in more up-to-standard players. We should have a better bench (never mind the starting 11) to withstand the injuries we are facing. 

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Refreshing to hear him saying he was disappointed with quite a chunk of our performance today, rather than focussing just on the positive of getting a late point. Shows how much he wants to improve

Managers often get criticised for making poor subs or not making enough subs but his changes really worked for us today

I liked that he showed a bit of disappointment about our work in the final third, not like him to criticise specifically, but it was frustrating to see us getting into some good areas, and once again either the cross wsan't good enough, or there just weren't enough people attacking the box.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Wilson has always been injury prone. Bruno has a knock. We don't know if Trippier and ASM are injured yet. It's a bit premature to be labelling it a crisis.

Add Krafu and Shelvey to the list. Target probably still carrying slight injury as well.

48 minutes ago, HTT II said:

For me, it’s down to how little they’ve been pushed under Bruce and are now feeling the constraints of that under a much more professional training and fitness regime, I’m sure we had it initially with Rafa, we will be OK over the course of the season I’m sure, hopefully.

Bruno, Trippier and Targett weren't even playing under Bruce and can't help Knee injuries if your fit or not. I just say its more unlucky than anything else but if they keep coming then something is obviously causing them

Just now, Zero said:

Add Krafu and Shelvey to the list. Target probably still carrying slight injury as well.

Targett is fine but we are playing 3 at the back when going forward. It's another thing Eddie has found by accident that works.  Feel bad for Targett though as he is class. 

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

Targett is fine but we are playing 3 at the back when going forward. It's another thing Eddie has found by accident that works.  Feel bad for Targett though as he is class. 

Targett is underrated if anything.

The lad is a natural defender and very good at what he does.

wonder if eddie starts to reconsider how we're training/playing at the moment.

he's admitted its affecting soft tissue injuries and we got 5 dodgy  hamstring injuries ( 4 if you exclude wilson)  already.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Potter/Pep use periodisation don’t they? Saw something about Klopp getting stuck for not doing so, I dunno which approach Howe takes though.

Klopp uses inhalers.

I might be being forgiving but I interpreted Howe's comments about the injuries as being that they were more-or-less expected, given the way we approach games. He also doubled down by saying we're one of the fittest teams in the league. 

He wants them to play to the fullest intensity every time and he knows that will result in soft tissue injuries occasionally, particularly with the congested fixtures. The idea being that they'll do what they can to minimise their impact rather than avoid injuries entirely. To avoid would mean changing the way we play, and that would mean - as far as he's concerned - less chance of results like City. But having a consistent (bordering on infexible) tactical approach serves to reduce the impact of injuries, as it enables a replacement to come in like-for-like and perform the exact same role for the team, see Bruno > Longstaff and probably ASM > Fraser.  

Then again, the way we suddenly changed tack in the transfer market when Wilson got injured suggests they thought he might last longer than two and a bit games. But I suppose Wilson is a special case. 

15 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It has to be about monitoring and taking the load off a player who is at risk, you'd think. Even the Wilson injury wasn't really a hamstring pull, we sent him for a scan which probably avoided a worse event later. 

This is it, as far as I'm concerned. Wilson isn't necessarily injured, just in a place where playing him could lead to injury. That was clearly how we handled Targett, caution first. Howe mentioned the heavy load due to fixtures in relation to our injury worries, and he is not afraid to use squad members to keep us as fit as we can be.

If only some fans could support those players who need it most.

Guest HTT II

It’s about first injury prevention, then as is always going to be the case that a player will get injured at some point, minimising that injury and making sure they receive the right and correct recovery process. I think under Rafa it was very good, under Pardew and Bruce, terrible, Howe I feel, has been unlucky because we are now operating at a different level training wise.

He's got this, man. He's earned the right to rotate and we should all be trusting enough to know that we'll still play the same way. It's already ingrained in the squad and will only get better from here on out.

What a time to be alive (seriously).