Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

We weren’t at our best today, with a different manager we could have wilted easily after misplacing a bunch of passes and getting caught several times but our energy levels were fantastic throughout and we continued to play aggressively on the counter. This man is the best thing that’s happened to this club since Keegan 

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Anyone see/remember that graphic of PL points after 40 games next to our managers? He's only a few off Keegan :lol:

Aye, was surprised to see how many Roeder had

As for Howe, what a guy. He's doing an unbelievable job and long may it continue. 

He's made a lot of his detractors (including some amongst our own fanbase) look like right mugs. 

Tbqph, I thought Southampton had our number tactically today (when attacking) but didn’t have the personnel to pull it off.

They got players around Burn and made him look a bit cumbersome. They also attacked the space behind Trippier.
We were sloppy in the middle and gave the ball away and when they hit the wings I think we looked quite exposed.

We we’re incredibly efficient in attack, at one point, 3 shots with 3 goals. That’s clearly not a sustainable statistic.

Think we are looking a little tired.
I’m hoping that Isak, Maxi and Shelvey coming back will help reenergise the team post WC. 

5 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Saw that. Didn't realise that Roeder was so mint.

Knew he steam-rolled it after taking over from Souness from 5th bottom to 7th top but must have carried over a good deal into the following season more than I assume

6 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Saw that. Didn't realise that Roeder was so mint.

When he was sacked, it wasn't exactly harsh but it was brutal. Like putting down a well loved pet. He'd done his best to serve us well.

31 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Anyone see/remember that graphic of PL points after 40 games next to our managers? He's only a few off Keegan :lol:

It talked about the first 40 games, so I assume they were Div 2 points!

32 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Just saw a glimpse of it, but I think it was first 40 games in charge. Which pretty sure would mean Keegan’s were in second division and not even sure if Eddie has had 40, from first official game in charge. A fairer comparison would be the 33 or so games in this calendar year. Compared to best calendar year for the others.