Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

The thing that gives me a little hope is we have both Burnley and Norwich before Xmas home with a new manager in the dugout but those are must win games, Then After the window opens we have Watford/villa/wolves/Brighton/palace at home and Burnley/Norwich/Leeds/Southampton away with hopefully a far better calibre of player, all games we’re capable of winning, I have discounted the 2 Brentford games because there is always a newly promoted team that does the double over us and it’s likely to be them, but I also haven’t counted any freak wins that we could get over the likes of Arsenal/Leicester/Everton, so the required number of points are there if we get a capable manager soon. 

Edited by nufcnick

17 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Could be competing with Villa and Spurs for a new manager come tomorrow. Could throw a spanner in the works.

Said it yesterday, we’re more attractive then both of them.

The pressure at Spurs is insane and Villa are about to be in a battle with us to stay up, difference is we have a budget in January to turn it around.

Fonseca would be done by now if that’s who we wanted imho.

Available, it’s straight forward.

Our current league position has to be the issue, not that we can’t get our targets, but more a case of a two part appointment maybe.

I can see a scenario where we have an agreement for a top class manager and DoF to come in during the summer and then we’ll just hire a manager similar to how Chelsea brought in Rafa for half a season.

5 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

This is comedy. 2 days ago I was being called everything 

Now everyone is agreeing with me

Its needs to get done....now

One job!

Not everyone and few sensible people.

15 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Fonseca would be done by now if that’s who we wanted imho.

Available, it’s straight forward.

Our current league position has to be the issue, not that we can’t get our targets, but more a case of a two part appointment maybe.

I can see a scenario where we have an agreement for a top class manager and DoF to come in during the summer and then we’ll just hire a manager similar to how Chelsea brought in Rafa for half a season.

What’s Gus Hiddink upto these days ?

The sporting director and managerial appointments are so, so key. Not only will they determine whether we stay in the league, but they'll set the tone for the club in the short to medium term. If they need another week to get the right men let them crack on. Getting them wrong would be far more damaging than Jones taking charge at Brighton.

Just now, Wallace said:

Lampard is hyper sensitive to criticism - no way would he cope with the intense scrutiny he would get up here but the national press would protect him.

That's why I don't want a British manager. If its a dirty forrin and he's shite and we complain they won't say Jack shit. They'll just say we should have went for someone who understands a Premier League relegation battle. 

1 hour ago, New Beginnings said:

This is comedy. 2 days ago I was being called everything 

Now everyone is agreeing with me

Its needs to get done....now

One job!

So, I'll ask again, would you rather Lampard last week as opposed to say, for example ten hag next week ?

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

This was the times article earlier and a new name mentioned - Pedro Martins 

Good spot :thup:

They may like him because he has faced quite a few premier league teams in the Europa league and has had some success against them, as per the article below.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/06/pedro-martins-the-slayer-of-arsenal-who-now-has-sights-set-on-wolves

2 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Can't see any top manager taking us on, looking more and more like we'll have to go for someone like Big Sam :(

We are not going to get a Conte, Poch or Mourinho for the next 3 years.  We need someone who can come in, organise us and get us into the top 10 consistently.  At that point then we can go for it and get a top quality manager.   We need a Favre, Fonseca or something like that.  In fact if spurs beat us to the punch for Fonseca, I would go for Nuno but to be honest we should have our manager in before Spurs sack him.

The next manager is important but its unlikely it will be the one that wins us trophies or is around for 5 years or more.   They need to get on with it now and get the person in place so they are prepared and ready for 2 weeks intense training during the international break.  If we reach the break and they haven't appointed anyone, then that is when concerns will mount for me.   They have this week - please dont screw it up.