Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Jesus, when you look back on how Bruce did things, it was just negligence from top to bottom.

The minute he got in here he was fucking about with the attitude of “pay me”, he didn’t give two shits about the club, what people thought of him while backed up by his mates in the press.

They knew all along what he was about, they were totally comfortable in peddling that nonsense about him being a great manager because they have utter disdain for clubs like us and Aston Villa.

It would only ever been if he’d managed a Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs or Man Utd that the truth wound have been written about him, of course.. if it was happening to one of their beloved clubs. But the reality is that he’d never be let near places like that as a manager.

Ending up at places where things are not well is a sign that he’s a parasite.

Eddie Howe on the other hand, I have absolutely no doubt that he’ll leave this club in a better place, he’s everything that a person like Bruce isn’t.

Even if he flops, it is hard to believe it will be from any lack of effort and a genuine hunger for the task ahead. He clearly is appreciative and humble to the position he is in without being overawed by it.

Genuinely don't think there was another manager we were linked with that will go to the same extremes and have the passion for this job that Eddie seems to have. Guess we will see if that translates and he delivers with the hype. Pretty blown away so far from the outside but it is a BIG job with these players.

21 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Jesus, when you look back on how Bruce did things, it was just negligence from top to bottom.

The minute he got in here he was fucking about with the attitude of “pay me”, he didn’t give two shits about the club, what people thought of him while backed up by his mates in the press.

They knew all along what he was about, they were totally comfortable in peddling that nonsense about him being a great manager because they have utter disdain for clubs like us and Aston Villa.

It would only ever been if he’d managed a Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs or Man Utd that the truth wound have been written about him, of course.. if it was happening to one of their beloved clubs. But the reality is that he’d never be let near places like that as a manager.

Ending up at places where things are not well is a sign that he’s a parasite.

Eddie Howe on the other hand, I have absolutely no doubt that he’ll leave this club in a better place, he’s everything that a person like Bruce isn’t.

Have you see our corporate hospitality. They're all riding the gravy train so suck up to the ones that keep them in the style their celebrity status demands. 

I think he’s wanting to replicate the match day setting, minus the fans and atmosphere. That or they are probably most likely fumigating the training ground after years of decaying Bruce…

Edited by HTT II

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

Have you see our corporate hospitality. They're all riding the gravy train so suck up to the ones that keep them in the style their celebrity status demands. 

Ah I know a few of the people working for us in that area. Of the corporate boxes, very few of them were permanent residents.

I don't know if he quite gets the area yet, that'll come with time, but I do think he gets 'it' somewhat with regards to football alone.

I'd like to think that come January, he'll adore it here and by the end of the season will be adored.

All this shit about Geordies only wanting Geordies, etc. Twaddle. 

2 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

While I like what I see so far, the proof will be how we set up next week. 

Absolutely. 2 weeks isn't a lot of time to transform this squad from a 30% possession defensive side to a happy on the ball and free flowing attacking one. Will take a longer time, but hope the players are inspired and show more fight than they were doing under Bruce. They have to. Hopefully a roaring SJP behind Howe and the lads will help them on their way to getting our first win against Brentford. It would be so cathartic for everyone and great feel factor to move forward from.

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

Absolutely. 2 weeks isn't a lot of time to transform this squad from a 30% possession defensive side to a happy on the ball and free flowing attacking one. Will take a longer time, but hope the players are inspired and show more fight than they were doing under Bruce. They have to. Hopefully a roaring SJP behind Howe and the lads will help them on their way to getting our first win against Brentford. It would be so cathartic for everyone and great feel factor to move forward from.

👍🏻 Also Let’s not forget what this same squad (most of them) could/did do under Rafa. I’m hoping for muscle memory effect and Eddie is resetting them 😂🤞🏻🤞🏻 Very impressed with him so far, although Bruce turd standards are no hard act to follow. 
Howe-ay the Lads :indi: