Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Love this response from Howe when asked about at what points total he can relax at:

"When the last ball is kicked this season. There is not time to relax, no matter how many points we get. There is a healthy pressure on us from me and everyone connected to the team to get points and get them quickly".

What a refreshing, determined answer. He is so driven.

Newcastle are now the first team in top-flight history to win no more than one of their opening 20 league games of a season but then manage five victories in the next six matches. 

That underlines the scale of the improvement under Eddie Howe in even plainer terms.

It is staggering how much Howe has given the club a facelift since coming in and they face Southampton full of confidence.

2 hours ago, Unlucky Luque said:

Is it just me or are stats becoming increasingly more far-fetched?

You should check out some of the stats they cobble together in the NBA. Fucking wild. Football definitely has room to get worse for it. 

3 hours ago, prefabtoon said:

Newcastle are now the first team in top-flight history to win no more than one of their opening 20 league games of a season but then manage five victories in the next six matches. 

That underlines the scale of the improvement under Eddie Howe in even plainer terms.

It is staggering how much Howe has given the club a facelift since coming in and they face Southampton full of confidence.

Of course no one else has done that extremely specific stat before us man :lol:

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's why that 'no team has failed to win X amount of games and stayed up' fact was daft when we were sat with more points via draws than teams who'd got fewer points than us via wins and stayed up.

God that stat drove me mad. :lol: Meant absolutely nothing. 

Guest HTT II

If we stay up we will be the first team to ever do so having spent the most money in the January transfer window this season than any other club.

Have to be honest, when people were saying 'no team has ever been in such a bad position and got out of it in PL history, i genuinely thought we were fucked. The turnaround needed seemed impossible. What EH, his backroom staff and the players have done is mind blowing really

Didn't we do something similar where we were the first in the champions league to lose our opening 3 and still qualify?

Edited by Cf

Guest carpetman1
2 hours ago, wormy said:

God that stat drove me mad. :lol: Meant absolutely nothing. 

Much in the same vein as, "Newcastle have lost all of their last visits to this ground".  

1 hour ago, Cf said:

Didn't we do something similar where we were the first in the champions league to lose our opening 3 and still qualify?

Yep, first team to ever lose opening three games and still qualify. Don't know if its been done since

He got a bit of criticism when he was at Bournemouth in the Premier League for still using players he had in League 1 and Championship but I think you can tell by how much he's improved our squad players how good he is at getting even higher performances out of players who maybe thought they'd already reached their ceiling