Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, junkhead said:

Emery is the best of the seemingly available managers, so I would be delighted with him. His defensive organisation and pacey counter attacking style will fit in with our limited squad.

Only genuine concern is that Hatem straight up hated him and Hatem can't be wrong. Will worry about that once we're safe though.

HBA hated anyone that made him graft and not get away with doing what he wanted, really silly using that as a yard stick 

2 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Surely this has to be announced ahead of tonight’s Villarreal game. He can’t be in charge tonight if he’s joining us before the weekend 

Could just be a swansong if he is, so I wouldn't be to worried if he is in charge tonight. He might not be either.

2 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Surely this has to be announced ahead of tonight’s Villarreal game. He can’t be in charge tonight if he’s joining us before the weekend 

Why not? He has the right to say goodbye to Villarreal fans. and it's a Champions League game.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Just walking in and taking a manager from a club playing Champions League football (with an expectation of getting into the knockout stages).

Here we are 19th in the league.

What a statement this is.

Yup, they obviously have offered him big money to spend and build the squad. What is this sorcery!?

Edited by Klaus

1 minute ago, morpeth mag said:

It will be interesting to see how ASM gets on with structure and a 4231 formation

Seeing his attitude since Bruce left, I’m guessing unless he knuckles down it will go the same direction as HBA

Given our squad and position right now this is a great appointment. Plus the fact he’s leaving Champions League football, though they are struggling in the league. 

The football won’t be pretty but it’s beside the point. All we need now is Monchi and the Europe League is ours within a couple seasons.