Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

36 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Right man at the right time. 

Much like Keegan, much like SBR. If he can get a good run in one of the cups and can win one in the next 2 years. He’ll be here for as long as he wants imo.

My worry is if PCP ever get itchy feet with him if things don’t keep improving year on year. Hopefully Ashworth and Eales around the club now takes that decision making process slightly away from them.

I think you answered that yourself - PCP through Stavely & Co have brought in some of the best people in the business to ensure the club gets run correctly, as a business, with clear goals and a vision. Ashworth especially will probably have the biggest say in Howe's position, and they wouldn't have hired him to then not listen to him when it counts.

It's mad, we've gone from a literal laughing stock of an organisation, asset-stripped and skeleton-crewed, to having some of the best people around. Seeing all the blocks fall into place one by one is so satisfying, I get as much satisfaction (sad as it is) from getting people like Eales and Ashworth as getting Isak and Botman. It's with them that the future of this club rests.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

he had me at "a lot of you are stood still, stood still's no good you've got to create the space"

I remember being genuinely giddy at that :lol: 

Great podcast. He comes across as both driven and humble.

Found the stuff how he had to take a year out of the game fascinating. Not many would have the bravery to reject job opportunities knowing he needed at least a year away as we all know it's easy for managers to be looked at negatively for having long stretches out of the game

Also on Sunday found it refreshing how he saw the game how we saw it in that we didn't play well but got the victory.

It's a simple thing but many of our previous managers would have just commented on the scoreline and said we played well. Clearly sees the game like we do despite being on the pressure cooker of the touchline 

Also the stuff about his mother dying while he was at Burnley.

He didn't do well at Burnley but for someone as driven and intense in his methods as he is that must have been such a tough time for him and could have been a big factor in him struggling there

Off the top of my head that's basically the 50 or so minutes Vs Wolves and 20 minutes or so Vs Man City. Otherwise a few minutes against Bournemouth and seconds when we lost to Liverpool.

There's definitely a feeling about the way we play that we work very hard not to concede the first goal in the game. And once we get the breakthrough ourselves we tend to pull away.

Found it interesting that he planned on leaving Bournemouth even if they stayed up. I guess he must have known for a little while that he needed that time away and what a benefit it’s been to him and us. 

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

he had me at "a lot of you are stood still, stood still's no good you've got to create the space"

:thup: I've wondered for many years how it can be that so many professional footballers don't seem to grasp that the most important part of passing and movement is the movement.

Listened to the podcast while at the gym this afternoon, such a fascinating insight into the man - I feel he's got the potential to be our "Ferguson"/"Wenger" - bringing multiple successes over a significant period of time, we just need to make sure the man doesn't burn himself out like he did at Bournemouth.  Like others when he was first appointed I was a little sceptical, but oh boy, has he proved me wrong.  In Eddie we trust!

13 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Man I just waxed poetic about him down at the brewery tonight for like 30 minutes on the back of this podcast. A bunch of soccer dudes and they were absolutely enthralled about what I was saying I had learned about Eddie and his philosophy from this podcast. Just totally engaging stuff from him. 

We hit the fucking jackpot y’all. 

LBGpNAY.png

Immediately reminded me of the guy who had the sheep. :lol: My brain is fucking mush.