Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

52 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

On a small evidence pool. This is lip service.

He's been loyal to Wilson and a few others.

I do think this is true, although I'm not labelling it as a bad thing at this stage.

I'm not against giving a player or team a period of time to play through bad form, dependent on what's going on around them. 14 games might be a bit much, mind...

I like Dan Burn. But I don't think this iteration at left-back is considerably better than what Manquillo might be able to offer to that point Burn must play every week if he is fit.

Burn is also a weak point defensively 1v1. Considerably worse than Trippier who I always thought was poor defensively 1v1 prior to joining.

Edited by The College Dropout

On 10/03/2023 at 14:49, The College Dropout said:

I like Dan Burn. But I don't think this iteration at left-back is considerably better than what Manquillo might be able to offer to that point Burn must play every week if he is fit.

Burn is also a weak point defensively 1v1. Considerably worse than Trippier who I always thought was poor defensively 1v1 prior to joining.

With Burn at left back we've had one of the meanest defences in the league, our defensive record with Manquillo on the pitch is shocking.

Burn is critical to our defensive setup because he enables it to essentially become a three and gives Trippier more freedom to attack.

Maybe that has become a bit predictable and we need a different option, but Manquillo isn't that. He's shown time and time again he's not good enough to be anything but an emergency backup.

Edited by Jackie Broon

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

With Burn at left back we've had one of the meanest defences in the league, our defensive record with Manquillo on the pitch is shocking.

Burn is critical to our defensive setup because he enables it to essentially become a three and gives Trippier more freedom to attack.

Maybe that has become a bit predictable and we need a different option, but Manquillo isn't that. He's shown time and time again he's not good enough to be anything but an emergency backup.

I was about to reply half way through reading it then I read your last paragraph and there was no point as that was exactly what I was going to say.

i think tripps going forward has been poor recently as had his deliveries, it’s great this set up got us this far but maybe time to freshen up a little. Manquillo is never the solution to anything though.

Edited by Gawalls

Made the right changes to the starting team and the rest/impetus it gave Almiron coming on as a fresh sub against tiring legs thankfully won us the game.

Do feel he's being very cautious with Isak, but hopefully that's cemented his starting place today and if he uses Wilson to manage Isak's minutes then that's fine, despite him doing nowt yet again.

Was a bit of a mixed bag today in terms of performance - class in patches, rubbish in others, but I said earlier today was about winning in any way possible which we did, just about. Now to build on it and hopefully go on an unbeaten run again :thup:

3 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Better, but that Wilson sub was still unnecessary IMO.

Not if it keeps Isak fit. Howe reckons he's not fit enough to play 90 minutes, and it's not like we're chucking on Riviere, Wilson is still a good player. 

58 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Better, but that Wilson sub was still unnecessary IMO.

Wasn't that happy with the subs either, but fair play, Miggy was fantastic in the time he came on. Never saw him as a match winner off the bench before, but I think he needed to be dropped to be reminded that his job is to attack the opposition. He looked really aggressive when he came on, and that's down to Eddie for me.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Loads getting stuck into him for the subs as though i) Isak wasn't running on fumes ii) it caused Trippier to slip and cost us a goal. Bizarre stuff.

A lot of our fans are fucking idiots.