Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Even Rafa's 5th choice target is someone that he believes can do a job, I think that's the thing that gives people a small amount of consolation. Obviously we want his first choice, but we're desperate people here.

That doesn't really fit with the grief Joselu gets.

So who is at fault? Joselu for not being up to the task? Rafa's for wrongly identifying a player, or ours for not recognising the important role Joselu performs?

Mike fucking Ashley!

100% correct answer.

So here's the thing guys. Mike Ashley has NEVER sanctioned the first choices our managers or scouts or DOFS have ever recommended.

It's why we ended up with Riviere instead of Aubameyang or Lacazette.

MAs approach is to always get a good deal, and so with the first choices we haggle and haggle until someone steps in and usurps us.

Our only chance is if we are targeting someone no one else is as keen on signing.

We all know this already guys. Let's not give up on life just yet though.

Kenedy was further down the list last summer and he turned out to be fantastic when we eventually got him in January. Merino was another that was likely not a priority, but he turned out to be a fantastic signing, albeit he hasn't ended up staying.

Joselu was at the other end of the spectrum, obviously. And so, yes, there will be some misses too.

I for one am still interested to see who Rsfa does bring in, and what kind of team we can put together.

Guest ElCid

Cardiff have just come back from a few years in the wilderness and they were swimming in debt when they went down so how come they have spent £30 million ?

Devil’s advocate, but what’s their wage bill? If you’ve budgeted for a Championship wage bill on a Championship budget, when you get the mass of money coming in then it’ll be easier?

Could be worse could be reporting a mass increase in wages even though you were relegated and playing championship football but then again only a certain fat cunt would do something like that.

Justifying?

I'm just saying this is what it has always been, so not sure why people are surprised.

I think Rafa knows what he is dealing with now, and is working within these parameters and seeing how successful he can be at it.

If come the end of the season it is a shambles then he'll move on. If he somehow finds away to be competitive despite these limits he will stay.

After all, we did just finish 10th with no striker and no number 10 all season and Kenedy  for just half a season, so it will be very interesting to see whst Rafa can do with a few more than he had last summer.

Justifying?

I'm just saying this is what it has always been, so not sure why people are surprised.

I think Rafa knows what he is dealing with now, and is working within these parameters and seeing how successful he can be at it.

If come the end of the season it is a shambles then he'll move on. If he somehow finds away to be competitive despite these limits he will stay.

After all, we did just finish 10th with no striker and no number 10 all season and Kenedy  for just half a season, so it will be very interesting to see whst Rafa can do with a few more than he had last summer.

It's not so much what Rafa can do with a few more, it's the fact other teams are paying for their first choices when we simply won't.

Optimism is great thing to have but Ashley is taking that away. He won't spend, he won't sell, in the meantime we're stuck in purgatory, there's only so much you can take.

Guest reefatoon

Joselu has had a personal trainer over the summer, let’s hope it is the same one Diame used. We won’t need a new striker then, as fully expect him to smash in 50 goals.

Jesus I genuinely didn't think we could be any more tragic in the transfer window....

Still plenty of time left yet to surpass this in the incompetence stakes.

If I didn't know better, I would say he's trying to get Rafa to walk.

Guest reefatoon

I can see us selling a few players abroad after our deadline passes. Sure that will be on Ashley’s “50 ways to shit on Rafa” list.