Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Only possible way i can see this being true is Rafa giving an ultimatum that he won't stay after the season unless the club puts the cash up for players now to prove it. And i feel like I'm grasping at straws to even have that be plausible

Yeah, very difficult for Ashley to provide evidence that he won’t screw Rafa over and he’s forced into agreeing deals before the end of the season to get Rafa to sign. It also possible that the rumours of a deal to sell the club being close is true.

I still can’t see us paying that much for him. I think it will very much be like the Almirón deal where the selling club wants the €60m fee but we try and get it down as much as possible, and possibly agree a €50m deal.

Also, this could be Brexit related. We are due to leave the EU next month with no trade deal in sight. €60m now maybe a lot less cheaper than €60m in June/July.

What rumours?

The sale of the club has been going on for so long, I think Stiffler has managed to convince himself (and no one else) that he knows all the inside info and is ITK.

He really needs to stop it.

Only possible way i can see this being true is Rafa giving an ultimatum that he won't stay after the season unless the club puts the cash up for players now to prove it. And i feel like I'm grasping at straws to even have that be plausible

Yeah, very difficult for Ashley to provide evidence that he won’t screw Rafa over and he’s forced into agreeing deals before the end of the season to get Rafa to sign. It also possible that the rumours of a deal to sell the club being close is true.

I still can’t see us paying that much for him. I think it will very much be like the Almirón deal where the selling club wants the €60m fee but we try and get it down as much as possible, and possibly agree a €50m deal.

Also, this could be Brexit related. We are due to leave the EU next month with no trade deal in sight. €60m now maybe a lot less cheaper than €60m in June/July.

What rumours?

Been people on here who apparently have ITK who say it’s all set up for when safety is confirmed.

Clearly this is bullshit. But even a moron like Ashley can't have failed to notice the impact of the Almiron transfer. The atmosphere was electric yesterday, just because we had something to be excited about.  I still believe that in the beginning Ashley was enthralled by that atmosphere and excitement, maybe he has rediscovered that feeling and is going all out to maintain it. Gotta be preferable to everybody hating you.

But aye. Clearly bullshit.