Transfer rumours

Yorkie

For a club who pay next to fuck all, we always seem to have a huge number of shit players on wages “they’ll never earn elsewhere”. Especially when they’ve been signed to be first team players rather than youth who fail to hit the mark.

Saivet, Lazaar, Colback, Elliot, Anita all come to mind.

We get them on wages which are relatively low for a Premier League club but way more than they’d get in Holland, France, Italy, etc. If they turn out bad signings, you’re stuck with them because they’re not going to leave the wage that will set them up for life to take a pay cut. Can’t say I blame them to an extent.

For a club who pay next to f*** all, we always seem to have a huge number of s*** players on wages “they’ll never earn elsewhere”. Especially when they’ve been signed to be first team players rather than youth who fail to hit the mark.

Saivet, Lazaar, Colback, Elliot, Anita all come to mind.

We get them on wages which are relatively low for a Premier League club but way more than they’d get in Holland, France, Italy, etc. If they turn out bad signings, you’re stuck with them because they’re not going to leave the wage that will set them up for life to take a pay cut. Can’t say I blame them to an extent.

Aye don't blame them staying to collect what's theirs, but that's not really the problem. For whatever reason the club seem to have a 'not to negotiate with terrorists' stance with just cutting their loses and paying off whatever percentage is needed to get players to new clubs.

Just ties in with whatever sporting decisions being made above Bruce not understanding, or giving a toss about how their decisions impact team performance. No manager would want players around the training ground that aren't involved in squads, or surplus to requirements - not even in a bomb squad training with U23's

Bound to have been clubs in Europe in 2018 that would have taken Saivet for a percentage of his remaining contract/bonus; we sent him to Turkey on loan so no way there wasn't a club that his agent could have found him. Likewise with Atsu.

• 1 month later...

"I'm really looking forward to getting started with the boys and hopefully doing some successful things in the future."

Like getting into the opposition half?

Typical Geordies with their expectations.

Hope he enjoyed his career :thup:

RIP your career son.

"I'm really looking forward to getting started with the boys and hopefully doing some successful things in the future."

Like getting into the opposition half?

Braindead.

Welcome to NUFC Matty :lol:

Am actually impressed we somehow were able to get a 40% sell on fee; you'd expect the guy who negotiated compensation for Steve Bruce would casually ignore that clause on Adam Armstrong.