Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Just now, Guybrush said:

Am I reading that wrong? 'Expect Newcastle to go big this window but they will walk away if you quote over £40m'[emoji38]

I'm just glad we're engaging in the transfer market. I can't actually remember what that's like 

Quotes from 2 separate agents I think.

3 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Thing is everyone is skint so inflating prices doesn't hold a massive advantage especially for deadwood and 6 month left on contract players

Agree. At the end of the day we aren't fucking stupid, we have the whip hand when it comes to players coming to end of contract with the selling club at least. It's the players who will need paying the big money, and then you would have to wonder about their commitment. 

Seems clubs are trying to rip us off knowing we need players in ASAP to make a difference in the remaining games.  But with Everton and likely Southampton being postponed we've got a bit more time to get players in now.

45 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He's out of contract in the summer I think. Imagine Blackburn think he's their best to get them back on the Prem gravy train

Blackburn have the option of triggering a 1 year extension, which they'll obviously do if they can't agree a new deal with him 

Yusuf Yazici from Lille (left footed attacking midfielder that can play on the right) being linked on loan and Cyle Larin from Besiktas (versatile striker) whose contract runs out at the end of the season being linked.

Both would be very useful signigns at incredibly good value. Yazici is not in the Lille team as much this season, but played a big part in them winning the title last year. Cyle Larin is a Canadian striker I have liked a lot for a long time. Power and pace and can also play on the left, very surprised no prem team has looked at him before now.

Link:- https://www.takvim.com.tr/spor/2021/12/30/yusuf-yazici-ve-cyle-larin-newcastleda-bulusuyor/5

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Yusuf Yazici from Lille (left footed attacking midfielder that can play on the right) being linked on loan and Cyle Larin from Besiktas (versatile striker) whose contract runs out at the end of the season being linked.

Both would be very useful signigns at incredibly good value. Yazici is not in the Lille team as much this season, but played a big part in them winning the title last year. Cyle Larin is a Canadian striker I have liked a lot for a long time. Power and pace and can also play on the left, very surprised no prem team has looked at him before now.

Link:- https://www.takvim.com.tr/spor/2021/12/30/yusuf-yazici-ve-cyle-larin-newcastleda-bulusuyor/5

I love Larin, between him and David, our national side has very formidable attacking options.

2 hours ago, The Bonk said:

I love Larin, between him and David, our national side has very formidable attacking options.

Latin plays mostly on the wing or as an inside forward position though.

David will be come good and I would love him here, but he would need time to settle and we are not currently in a position to provide that.

Edited by Stifler

20 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Latin plays mostly on the wing or as an inside forward position though.

David will be come good and I would love him here, but he would need time to settle and we are not currently in a position to provide that.

Larin has mostly played as a striker in his career not as an inside forward. Besiktas are using him more as an inside forward currently, but he is very much a striker. I do like his versatility though, and that would certainly come in handy if we sign him. Brereton Diaz is another we have been linked with that is a striker that has also been used on the left as an inside forward of late.

I think this is something Howe is actively looking for i.e. a more versatile forward with that skill set. It's reminiscent of Josh King who typically played as a second forward in tandem with Callum Wilson, but could also play on the left side.

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Larin has mostly played as a striker in his career not as an inside forward. Besiktas are using him more as an inside forward currently, but he is very much a striker. I do like his versatility though, and that would certainly come in handy if we sign him. Brereton Diaz is another we have been linked with that is a striker that has also been used on the left as an inside forward of late.

I think this is something Howe is actively looking for i.e. a more versatile forward with that skill set. It's reminiscent of Josh King who typically played as a second forward in tandem with Callum Wilson, but could also play on the left side.

Larin was always an out and out striker in Orlando and upon arriving in Turkey. He seemed to have imploded there, didn't really hit the ground running but also didn't get a fair shake. lost his place and it took a loan to get his goal scoring touch back in Belgium. Last season was the revelation though, being pushed out wide completely rejuvenated him. He has become a completely different animal and his all round game is infinity better for it. He always had a nack for scoring goals and being in the right place at the right time (other than a torrid spell for Canada, prior to Davies, David, Arfield, Hoilett etc. Coming on board, when the weight of the nation was unfairly on his shoulders).

In many ways his all-round play for the team is better than David's imo. Could see him being useful on the right of a top three and possibly through the middle. He would be a great cheap addition for cover. Unlike David I am not sure Larin will develop more but who knows. He is still young for a striker.