Transfer rumours

Yorkie

49 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Not really a CB, more of a DM but can play CB: I'd love to see us go back in for Boubacar Kamara. Money and a good manager may entice him, and he'll have 6 months left on his contract at Marseille in January. Would be a solid coup. RB, Max Aarons would be a good shout. CF, unsure, honestly think it depends on who we get as manager. If Conte were to come in, would someone like Lautaro Martinez be realistic? Probably more so in the summer.

I think we need another winger, as beyond ASM our options are naff. Dwight McNeil would be a good buy in that case imo.

Would also take Maitland-Niles from Arsenal.

IIRC, Carr was elevated from Chief Scout to a 4 man board with Schteve McLaren, Bobby Moncur and Charnley.  Obviously McLaren left when he was binned and when Rafa came, technically, Carr would have been above him in the pecking order.  Since Rafa wanted complete control over acquisitions, Carr had to go.

2 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

IIRC, Carr was elevated from Chief Scout to a 4 man board with Schteve McLaren, Bobby Moncur and Charnley.  Obviously McLaren left when he was binned and when Rafa came, technically, Carr would have been above him in the pecking order.  Since Rafa wanted complete control over acquisitions, Carr had to go.

Which was Ashley’s doing from my understanding!

Absolutely need to strengthen the whole spine of the team. We've got the odd good player here and there but we could really do with 2xCB, 2xCM and at least another CF. 

I'm fine with Dubravka (for now, providing he's back to his best), ASM is very good obviously, Wilson, Almiron, Fernandez, Hayden and Lascalles and Willock are adequate enough to keep their places in the matchday squad but after that I'm not bothered about losing a single one of them. Some decent pros and some absolute wasters in the leftovers but I'd not be sorry to wave any of them goodbye as we look to get another 25 points+ a season more. 

This is the way. 

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Schar as well. Would prefer a replacement for Manquillo than a CB personally.  At least then we'd have 2 RBs. 2 CMs and a CF an absolute must.

Yeah, forgot about him tbh, he makes the cut too :thup:

Think a left back or left wing back depending on preferred formation is critical. Would be happy to see us drop daft money on someone who can defend and attack from that position. Someone with good experience and can bring on Lewis. Aarons over on the right would be canny to oust Manquillo 

Desperate for another striker as well.

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Think a left back or left wing back depending on preferred formation is critical.

Erik Otieno. Seriously, this lad is fucking brilliant. Taking the piss out of the Swedish league isn't that impressive, but he's kept the likes of Salah quiet in world cup qualifiers.

He would have been a good signing under Ashley (probably available for £3-5m), but I still think he'd be a really good signing now. Preferably for double that money. 

9 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Erik Otieno. Seriously, this lad is fucking brilliant. Taking the piss out of the Swedish league isn't that impressive, but he's kept the likes of Salah quiet in world cup qualifiers.

He would have been a good signing under Ashley (probably available for £3-5m), but I still think he'd be a really good signing now. Preferably for double that money. 

http://www.football-oranje.com/wijndal-i-wont-just-leave-az-for-money/

This lad for me. Maybe still a bit young for what we need.

Key for me, two quality fullbacks that can do both jobs, and a striker, because Wilson is never fit, and ASM back on the wing.

I'd be happy with that in Jan, I'd love us to try our luck at Kalvin Phillips, just to test Leeds, he cant be on mega wages there?

4 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Key for me, two quality fullbacks that can do both jobs, and a striker, because Wilson is never fit, and ASM back on the wing.

I'd be happy with that in Jan, I'd love us to try our luck at Kalvin Phillips, just to test Leeds, he cant be on mega wages there?

Need a centre half with pace also

16 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Hard to Judge anyone tbh. He could be a reasonable player, certainly a squad player if he isn't played through the middle. 

Not really bothered tbh. These players don't mean a great deal to me now tbh; they just represent this most stinking era of the club post-Rafa, Joelinton especially. I've spent the last two and a bit years resenting Wilson's form and wishing for ASM to trip over his feet. :lol: Gonna be weird trying to completely flip that around and wanting them to do well for us. Hopefully it'll change come Sunday but it's all these little things this are making it harder than I thought it would be to jump straight back in. 

30 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Hard to Judge anyone tbh. He could be a reasonable player, certainly a squad player if he isn't played through the middle. 

He's been atrocious wherever he's been played man :lol:

6 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Staying up to watch deadline day, wonder what that feels like ?

New owners might actually get business done early and we can relax watching everyone panic(spurs).