Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Surely nobody with a reasonable rep is joining us in January. We’re really quite likely to get relegated.

Especially with a World Cup coming up next winter.

Edited by Smal

1 minute ago, Smal said:

Surely nobody with a reasonable rep is joining us in January. We’re really quite likely to get relegated.

Especially with a World Cup coming up next winter.

I doubt playing at all is going to get you to the WC. Stones could come in and be a massive part of the revival, could even just be a loan to buy to make sure we stay up. 

I think people are underestimating how long we have to turn things around, factoring in a new manager appointment and a transfer window I would say it's more likely that we'll stay up. 

Typing that felt wierd, fuck me I've got some positivity back.

48 minutes ago, McCormick said:

We will likely have 15 points on the board before the Jan window and we’ve burned through a good chunk of our winnable games already. It’s looking pretty grim, like.

4 at present, another 6 maybe from Norwich and Burnley, hopeful 3 from Brentford (point more likely), that's a hopeful 13 but it's more a question of being within 6 points of safety half way through January.

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

I think people are underestimating how long we have to turn things around, factoring in a new manager appointment and a transfer window I would say it's more likely that we'll stay up. 

Typing that felt wierd, fuck me I've got some positivity back.

I think you are overestimating our training facilities. Easily improved by going somewhere else temporarily, but it's not a solution.

Yeah it's still shit, but we've managed to stay in the league with that facility under Steve Bruce for 2 seasons, so I'm still confident we can stay up with a new manager, signings and a fuck load of positivity from the stands. 

13 minutes ago, the fella said:

My worry if we get relegated is trying to get through the PLs revised ODT! 

Not sure how this would work. As it is the PL should be applying this every season to all owners to ensure a fair playing field.

Otherwise it would surely be anticompetitive to pull the ladder up after letting a few slip the net.

1 hour ago, TotalWar said:

Everyone referring to getting to January for the transfer window.

How often have we or any other club bought someone early January, mid January, or at any time much before the very last minute in January? I know it sometimes happens.

Especially if clubs are messing us around to squeeze every last drop of money out of desperate, money bags Newcastle, or if they are part of the Premier League cartel, they will just mess us around because.

So we are talking beginning of February to get new players in the team, then weve got settling in period, hit and miss players etc.

worrying.

That’s because the entire club did everything in its power to avoid signing anyone in January whatsoever. I fully expect that there will be deals waiting to be done in the first week this time around, the will is there

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

Yeah it's still shit, but we've managed to stay in the league with that facility under Steve Bruce for 2 seasons, so I'm still confident we can stay up with a new manager, signings and a fuck load of positivity from the stands. 

Aye, but we're using those facilities 5 times a week now. It's an accident waiting to happen.