Transfer rumours

Yorkie

1 hour ago, LRD said:

No way we will get Simeone man. :lol:

Moved my post to the manager thread, as I just realised I posted it in the wrong place!

Anyway never said we would get Simeone :laugh:

Was just referring to the top guys currently in jobs that we have been linked with. And we were linked with Simeone and the DOF at Atletico in the link below.

https://as.com/futbol/2021/10/18/internacional/1634558810_829130.html

I should have included ten Hag on there as well too. With the links to him and Overmars in recent days.

Edited by KaKa

17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Moved my post to the manager thread, as I just realised I posted it in the wrong place!

Anyway never said we would get Simeone :laugh:

Was just referring to the top guys currently in jobs that we have been linked with. And we were linked with Simeone and the DOF at Atletico in the link below.

https://as.com/futbol/2021/10/18/internacional/1634558810_829130.html

I should have included ten Hag on there as well too. With the links to him and Overmars in recent days.

Do Spain have betting shops?

4 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Do Spain have betting shops?

Maybe :lol:

I do think we are aiming super high to see if anyone bites, but because it's so early in the season and also where we are in the table it's unlikely to pan out I think.

Ward Prowse ticks a lot of boxes, one of which is set pieces, a relatively easy way to score when you have a whole team to rebuild. I suspect dead balls are a factor in Ritchie getting picked in spite of many defensive mistakes.

Get him in on day one!

JWP lack athleticism which is what we need most in the centre imo. Remove his set piece ability and i'm not overly convinced, feels like a Nolan situation where 'all he does is score goals' but offers little else. Still i'd take him as he'd end the reign of terror which is Shelvey.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

JWP lack athleticism which is what we need most in the centre imo. Remove his set piece ability and i'm not overly convinced, feels like a Nolan situation where 'all he does is score goals' but offers little else. Still i'd take him as he'd end the reign of terror which is Shelvey.

Pair JWP with Kamara and job done. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Pair JWP with Kamara and job done. 

Think that would be decent but Kamara would site further back, so you'd still need someone else with legs next to JWP. Maybe Willock, JWP and Kamara sitting behind them.

7 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

JWP would be an excellent first signing under the new regime.

He's not quite the statement signing that a few were perhaps hoping for but, yes please.

I think he’d definitely be a statement signing, especially considering they’d want around 40 to 50 million for him.

I’d absolutely love to have him here, alongside (if I’m being greedy) a physically dominant/ defensively sound cm like a Brozovic or a Zakaria.

4 minutes ago, steve_69 said:

Go all out for Lamptey from Brighton as well. I've grown to quite like Manquillo but we need a serious upgrade.

Especially if we get Favre; good, mobile wingbacks will be crucial.

Edited by McCormick