Transfer rumours

Yorkie

19 minutes ago, Dokko said:

JWP lack athleticism which is what we need most in the centre imo. Remove his set piece ability and i'm not overly convinced, feels like a Nolan situation where 'all he does is score goals' but offers little else. Still i'd take him as he'd end the reign of terror which is Shelvey.

Agree to an extent.  As someone else said if they bring in a better DM and play Willock with him I think you're good.  Even Hayden could make that work to the end of the season imo.

I very much doubt they'll be selling anyway, sounds like bullshit.

Signing from potential relegation rivals is two birds with one stone, but risks the deals being protracted, and we'll need to get people in quickly.

First of all, we need a new manager in quickly to start deBrucing the players we have. Many of them are underperforming.

January is going to be a tough window for us. I'm really not sure we'll simply be able to hoover up the likes of Tarkowski, JWP etc. I really don't think teams in the bottom half will do business with us.

Tarkowski is out of contract come the summer but he could be the difference between Burnley going down or staying up. I dare say it would take 30m to get him and I doubt we'd pay that.

Lamptey and Bissouma would be great signings and Brighton may well sell given their comfortable league position but again, you'd be looking at 30m for Lamptey and 40m for Bissouma. By all accounts we're not going to be spending that kind of money in January.

If we're cut adrift by more than 5 point's you also have the difficulty in convincing players to come. 

If we can stay up, the summer could be a different story and we could possibly weaken some of our rivals by going for Lamptey, Bissouma, McNeil, JWP but I am worried about relegation. Given the fixtures played and point's accrued to date I think relegation is more probable than staying up.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

40 minutes ago, LV said:

I can’t see us getting in more than 1 or maybe 2 players in Jan. 

There was an article talking about how impressed our lot were with Fonseca's vision, and it said that Fonseca had also mentioned 5 players that he could get in to help stabilise the club this season, interestingly the article said they were 5 loan signings.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

There was an article talking about how impressed our lot were with Fonseca's vision, and it said that Fonseca had also mentioned 5 players that he could get in to help stabilise the club this season, interestingly the article said they were 5 loan signings.

So how does that work? ‘Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time. - The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.’

Just now, Manxst said:

So how does that work? ‘Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time. - The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.’

I'm thinking it was something that got lost in translation as I thought that was weird too. In any case I only mentioned it because I think we will be bringing in more than 1 or 2 players as LV mentioned.

Actually, I just looked and saw this bit too…

’With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas.’

phew…Fonseca back in!! Lol!

Just now, KaKa said:

I'm thinking it was something that got lost in translation as I thought that was weird too. In any case I only mentioned it because I think we will be bringing in more than 1 or 2 players as LV mentioned.

Hope you’re right but I can’t see there being more than 2 permanent signings.

I wasn’t really counting loans but yeah maybe some loans too.

I believe signings will be made dependant on who is available and who will want to come along with where we are in the league, if by some miracle we start doing well I think Jan investment will be minimal if we are bottom 3 I can see us spending more than the 50/60m mentioned in the press. 

We need 5-6 new faces if we want to stay up. 2 can be loans but they'll need to be big loans to buy, not loans to do other clubs favours for game time. A Stones loan to buy should we stay up we be a huge statement of intent. I believe he was Staveley's No1 target when talking about bringing Rafa back 18months ago or so.