Transfer rumours

Yorkie

We've always been a club used to flush out interest in players who are looking for a move.

We should be avoiding any player with question marks over injuries or attitude, Coutinho being a prime example, I couldn't care less if he's unhappy at Barca, he's been very unprofessional.

Why would we expect any different, even when he left Liverpool it wasn't all that amicable. No thanks, let someone else take that risk.

We need players of good character. Sule is an interesting link, it's not that he's causing trouble or wants out, it's a contract dispute. He wants a certain amount a year and Bayern won't pay it.

Aye, young/ish, hungry, fit pros only for me when it comes to new player recruitment. I don’t mind the odd over 30s player for experience and such, but the likes of Ramsey are injury prone and have had their best days behind them. I want players whose best days are ahead of them here at our club under Howe and co.

7 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

We've always been a club used to flush out interest in players who are looking for a move.

We should be avoiding any player with question marks over injuries or attitude, Coutinho being a prime example, I couldn't care less if he's unhappy at Barca, he's been very unprofessional.

Why would we expect any different, even when he left Liverpool it wasn't all that amicable. No thanks, let someone else take that risk.

We need players of good character. Sule is an interesting link, it's not that he's causing trouble or wants out, it's a contract dispute. He wants a certain amount a year and Bayern won't pay it.

attitude or not even at his worst he's still a million miles better than Shelvey

Just now, gjohnson said:

attitude or not even at his worst he's still a million miles better than Shelvey

That's not a measure of success. We need to get away from that way of thinking.

Shelvey is terrible, bad attitude, thick as two planks, poor work ethic, bad decision making, looks for a way out when things aren't going his way etc..

We need to replace all of those bad traits, not just some of them.

Aye, we should avoid Coutinho, Ramsey, Bale and any other player on mega-salary, whose careers have stalled. There's no question they'd be an upgrade on what we have but we can dug ourselves in a hole very quickly - like Everton - if we are not prudent with salaries.

The most important trait we should look for in a player, apart from technical and physical qualities must be determination and desire to improve. Fit and hungry players, instead of high-profile stars, every time for me.

Edited by junkhead

Sule would be a massive statement of intent, literally. Feel he might be in the leverage camp to get a better deal at this club. Probably zero actual interest in coming here, despite lots of noise in the press the past few weeks.

Kamara seems a no brainer but could definitely see Howe going for players just with premiership experience in Jan like Lerma instead. Probably makes sense.

Ake on loan, or Tarkowski seem likely imo. Can't see us signing anyone pre contract when we will likely be in a relegation battle.

Guest reefatoon
5 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

The thought of two centre mids with high energy levels and being able to make a pass :megusta:

We have been desperate for this. It's been years since we have had a half decent CM

24 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Sule would be a massive statement of intent, literally. Feel he might be in the leverage camp to get a better deal at this club. Probably zero actual interest in coming here, despite lots of noise in the press the past few weeks.

Kamara seems a no brainer but could definitely see Howe going for players just with premiership experience in Jan like Lerma instead. Probably makes sense.

Ake on loan, or Tarkowski seem likely imo. Can't see us signing anyone pre contract when we will likely be in a relegation battle.

Why would City loan us Ake. They would surely want us down as we could be competing for signings sooner if we stay up.

Jeezus. Just read the rumours on the BBC. Half of them about us.

Just linked with Ramsay, Coutinho, Sule and Dembele tomorrow.

Not bad.

Thems the best b*llshit links I've read at the same time since Sky regurgitated a report from a paper that Ashley was going to flex his muscles for Cannavaro and Ronaldinho

Edited by Wolfcastle