Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Just now, Nobody said:

Even if we do end up paying "too much" for Trippier at £25m, it's a massive statement of intent signing. 

Yeah, I was thinking that. It kind of invalidates my concerns . If we're prepared to pay such a fee for him, that alone should be an indication of the level of investment they are prepared to allocate to the club if the right player is available.

Maybe I'm thinking a little bit like Ashley after all...? :lol: fuck

I’m not thinking at all about the fees we pay for players now , don’t give a shite it’s another country’s money , it was always going to happen.

I just want some decent players ASAP 

2 hours ago, Beth said:

Aren't you the one who thinks ASM is worth £80M? (lol) Fullback is not our biggest problem area at all.

Think I said 60m? it's what I'd demand if big boys came knocking, but he's playing in a shit side, if we had a side where he could flourish, I'd stand by that valuation, but its difficult when he's in this side.

And for me fullback is a major issue, massive problem area.

Don't expect you to get it.

👍🏻

15 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Think I said 60m? it's what I'd demand if big boys came knocking, but he's playing in a shit side, if we had a side where he could flourish, I'd stand by that valuation, but its difficult when he's in this side.

And for me fullback is a major issue, massive problem area.

Don't expect you to get it.

👍🏻

we are desperate in every area of the pitch bar Wilson 

10 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Trippier is a no brainer. I'd prefer Lamptey but I'd still take him all day long.

Hopefully he's followed by Bissouma, Ake, Tarkowski and a striker.

Wouldn't touch Bissouma at the given moment.

Just listening to Warren Barton's views on the January window, he's saying that the likes of Trippier, Lingard, Coady etc are the type who have a point to prove, and it's worth getting them in even with a relegation clause if that's what it takes - and that makes absolute sense to me. These are guys who we can offer a chance to become part of something big, and far from being mercenaries, would they not be more motivated than the current crop of players who know they are playing for a club where they probably have no future?

46 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Didn't howe sign him at Burnley? 

I see this really coming to fruition as there's traction from all angles it seems

Yes, and I'd imagine there was interaction when Howe went to Atleti for learning sessions during his managerial hiatus. There's a lot of reasons to believe this is on :thup:

Don’t particularly think we need to upgrade at right back as urgently as other areas of the pitch but he will still be a class signing and a huge statement of intent ,£150 grand a week they reckon but he Doesn't seem the type of lad who will be coming here for an easy retirement package .