Transfer rumours

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

And that's because we always cross the ball into the striker? ASMs whole game is based on cutting in,the current crop rarely cross first time, give me an example this season of a first time cross assisted? Not from a corner, I'd be amazed if theres more than one.

And as mentioned Trippier has no issues on the left.

Listen it's not even a thing, it would be mint though,  and nobody would be complaining, bar a few pedantic positional numptys. 

I would be complaining if we spent a huge chunk of our transfer budget on a right back. When we have just bought a right back and there are so many other areas that need improving first. 

Not sure I’ve ever been referred to as a pedantic positional numpty. But I don’t like the idea of signing someone for big money, to play them out of position or convert them into playing a totally different role. So I suppose I must be a numpty. 

Awesome player, mind. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

I would be complaining if we spent a huge chunk of our transfer budget on a right back. When we have just bought a right back and there are so many other areas that need improving first. 

Not sure I’ve ever been referred to as a pedantic positional numpty. But I don’t like the idea of signing someone for big money, to play them out of position or convert them into playing a totally different role. So I suppose I must be a numpty. 

Awesome player, mind. 

Who's playing out of position, Trippier? Has he played LB comfortably?

Just now, Sima said:

Don't think he'll be good enough for where we are planning to be brutally honest.

Might be sufficient back up though.

Lewis and Manquillo are solid backups for the short term. Lewis is still young enough we could potentially loan him out next year. I wouldn't write him off completely yet.

2 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

And that's because we always cross the ball into the striker? ASMs whole game is based on cutting in,the current crop rarely cross first time, give me an example this season of a first time cross assisted? Not from a corner, I'd be amazed if theres more than one.

And as mentioned Trippier has no issues on the left.

Listen it's not even a thing, it would be mint though,  and nobody would be complaining, bar a few pedantic positional numptys. 

ASM's not the greatest example like, he cuts in too much if anything. He'd be even better if he delivered the ball in first time once in a while. If you want an example, Manquillo's cross for the Wilson goal against Spurs. Murphy's cross for the Gayle header last season, the one he rocketed in from about 12 yards out. 

It's not essential I agree, but always better to have someone who can wing one in quickly if they get a yard of space.

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Who's playing out of position, Trippier? Has he played LB comfortably?

Still not his preferred position though, is it? Played there a bit for Spurs and England, off the top of my head. 

How much is Lamptey going to cost? We should sign him. Say ‘sorry Kieran lad. We know we sold you the dream. But we’re shifting you to left back. Hope that’s alright.’

1 minute ago, TRon said:

ASM's not the greatest example like, he cuts in too much if anything. He'd be even better if he delivered the ball in first time once in a while. If you want an example, Manquillo's cross for the Wilson goal against Spurs. Murphy's cross for the Gayle header last season, the one he rocketed in from about 12 yards out. 

It's not essential I agree, but always better to have someone who can wing one in quickly if they get a yard of space.

Cause it is I agree, but we dont do it, and you gave examples of other seasons when highlighting Howe?

We dont even play the game to a target man? 

Listen it's not worth the debate, he's class though, I'd definitely enquire, but he's down south, probably settled, and to southern clubs are sniffing. 

I'm just getting carried away.

👍🏻

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Still not his preferred position though, is it? Played there a bit for Spurs and England, off the top of my head. 

How much is Lamptey going to cost? We should sign him. Say ‘sorry Kieran lad. We know we sold you the dream. But we’re shifting you to left back. Hope that’s alright.’

😂 I doubt the lad would even be as arsed about it as you are for him. 

It's all hypothetical, so it's not worth you being right, or myself suggesting it could work.

I'd be buzzing over it, you wouldn't because you would prefer a LB who has only ever played LB.

Brilliant, End. 👍🏻

Just now, mighty__mag said:

😂 I doubt the lad would even be as arsed about it as you are for him. 

It's all hypothetical, so it's not worth you being right, or myself suggesting it could work.

I'd be buzzing over it, you wouldn't because you would prefer a LB who has only ever played LB.

Brilliant, End. 👍🏻

I’d prefer us to sign players for their correct positions. Yes. Judging by an earlier post. You seem to think players are just plug and play and can slot in anywhere at the highest level. I don’t think that is the case for a lot of players. So yeah, I guess we fundamentally disagree there. 

Plus as you have alluded to above. I don’t think we’d even realistically be in for Lamptey, anyway. 

6 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

Just us and Villa left in for Coutinho then?

Seems pretty nailed on he will end up at Villa or Arsenal. Only reports linking him to us the past few weeks have been about him not being interested. Can absolutely see him at Villa with Gerrard. 

14 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Have we give up on Lewis?

Sounds like he might struggle to be fit again for at least 2 months. Still no timescale on his injury. And we absolutely cannot start Ritchie there anymore. At least we have Manquillo who can do a decent job there, but would be nice to get a second left back in. Then we can have Tripper and Manquillo for RB. Lewis and someone else for LB. Whether that someone else is backup/competition for Lewis or a starter Im not sure. We've struggled so bad being so thin on the ground with fullbacks though.

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I’d prefer us to sign players for their correct positions. Yes. Judging by an earlier post. You seem to think players are just plug and play and can slot in anywhere at the highest level. I don’t think that is the case for a lot of players. So yeah, I guess we fundamentally disagree there. 

Plus as you have alluded to above. I don’t think we’d even realistically be in for Lamptey, anyway. 

No mention of plug and play, was a RB who equally plays LB, likely having the confidence to do the job with no issues.

paraphrase away though 👍🏻

I did say I was getting carried away.

I'd love him here though.

Top player.

Edited by mighty__mag

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Seems pretty nailed on he will end up at Villa or Arsenal. Only reports linking him to us the past few weeks have been about him not being interested. Can absolutely see him at Villa with Gerrard. 

Yeah. Totally agree with you. Saw lots of articles with Gerrard talking about him this morning calling him a 'serial winner' etc.

Don't think we stand a chance.

4 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

No mention of plug and play, was a RB who equally plays LB, likely having the confidence to do the job with no issues.

paraphrase away though 👍🏻

I did say I was getting carried away.

I'd love him here though.

Top player.

Can definitely do a much better job at lb than we already have but would take away some of his quality playing there instead of rb. Would much rather see him playing in his preferred position but if we don't sign a lb before Lewis is fit I could see him slotting in there as no other option and he would do a great job. 

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Why would we just give him away, though? A player's valuation is as much someone is willing to pay or as much as someone is prepared to accept. It's not like we're desperate for cash so yeah, £8m and we'll talk. 

I'd snap their hands off for a million tbh. One third of a season purple patch aside he's been utter dogshit.