Transfer rumours

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Trippier and Tagliafico were the first two players I signed on football manager this year.

Expect Sule, Isak and a 130m deal for Saka to follow.

Vote Billy Pilgrim for DoF! 

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Can we have a forum agreement to cut this "worrying" shite out now please?

I think Prophet was being sarcastic fwiw

I’ll advocate for a ban on posting anything from Luke Edwards, since it only ever leads to multiple pages of people getting wound up and calling him a cunt.

Just now, Tomato Deuce said:

I’ll advocate for a ban on posting anything from Luke Edwards, since it only ever leads to multiple pages of people getting wound up and calling him a cunt.

I'm sure everyone who posts it are being sarcastic. It's just not funny when 90% of the board are doing it.

4 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

1 minute ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Edwards just exponentially becomes a bigger cunt each day

hide-the-pain-harold-distorted.gif

12 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

As much as I like this it could hold us back getting some real quality in. We’ll have exceptions (Trippier) but it’ll definitely be an issue for other players, particularly forwards. 

Just now, Decky said:

As much as I like this it could hold us back getting some real quality in. We’ll have exceptions (Trippier) but it’ll definitely be an issue for other players, particularly forwards. 

cant see it being a long term thing, not if they have ambitions of competing seriously. Maybe just this window, who knows. 

19 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

That automatically rules out 90 percent of all the linked players that I’d have loved to see here lol. We’re talking maybe South American leagues and mid table European players who aren’t household names now. Forget about Ramsey, Umtiti, and attracting any star forwards.

1 minute ago, Emotic said:

That automatically rules out 90 percent of all the linked players that I’d have loved to see here lol. We’re talking maybe South American leagues and mid table European players who aren’t household names now. Forget about Ramsey, Umtiti, and attracting any star forwards.

I think we're a little way off for star forwards at the moment anyway. Like you say, Strikers in foreign leagues at less ambitious clubs is where we are looking I think. Dieng/Arthur etc.

8 minutes ago, Decky said:

Nah don't think it will the epl has the largest average wage where the next highest is Spain which is about 60% of the EPLs then bundesliga at around 50% of EPLs. 

We should be able to offer a competitive wage regardless. Botman is on 18k a week atm. Tagliafico is on 44k a week. Azmoun is on 41k a week. 

Can easily double their wages or at least increase substantially. 

5 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Not if we go the Villa route and pay less than half their wages whilst on loan (Umtiti, Ramsey etc)

It'll raise over time. Probably don't want to rock the boat too much right now, but once your right back is on £100k, it's less of a gap to bring in a forward on £150k. Then further increases over time. 

I think this policy will save us from some of the overpaid dross agents will be seeing us as an easy target for.