Transfer rumours

Yorkie

4 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

Like: Wijnaldum (loan), Isak, Badiashile, Kamara

Not as much: Ramsey (loan), Cantwell, Diego Carlos

Hard to bloody keep up though  :lol: 

Diego Carlos is pure quality. A beast. I think he’s perfect for Eddie Howe’s style of play.

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, SweMag said:

Diego Carlos is pure quality. A beast. I think he’s perfect for Eddie Howe’s style of play.

Doing my best Dennis Wise scouting mission, he seems perfect for the PL, albeit very rash, but he’s a tank and seems to love going toe to toe with even players like Messi, that’s shows great self confidence, character and a real determination to win any personal battle, something Lascelles showed under Rafa but not many of our players ever seem to relish these days, Lascelles included, they back off and concede authority.

Edited by HTT II

21 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Hmmm, I thought Schlotterbeck looked the best of the three, but what do I know.

Based on what?

Nico Schlotterbeck played 16 games for Union Berlin in the Bundesliga last season and 17 starts for Freiburg this season.

Sven Botman with 12 Ligue 1 games + 3 CL this season. Replaced Gabriel (signed for Arsenal) at Lille last season and was a success. Comfort in possession and strong in aerial duels.

Both of them still very young and raw but with huge potential.

Diego Carlos is in his prime and is a quality central defender. 18 La Liga + 6 CL games this season. 33 La Liga + 8 CL last season.

Diego Carlos would be an amazing signing.

Just now, nufcnick said:

People keep saying that we also need a defensive midfielder, I think fab schar would fit that role perfectly 

Bruce tried it, remember? It didn’t go well.

Just don’t think he has the speed/agility, anticipation, and close quarters possession to be truly effective there.

He’s a decent footballer for a centre half, but I don’t see much of a future here for him in any position let alone a brand new one.

49 minutes ago, Rich said:

Bruce tried it, remember? It didn’t go well.

Just don’t think he has the speed/agility, anticipation, and close quarters possession to be truly effective there.

He’s a decent footballer for a centre half, but I don’t see much of a future here for him in any position let alone a brand new one.

Yeah, we need a DM along the lines of Kante. 

Hayden and Schar look like hybrid CB/DMs, and in certain situations in midfield they struggle.

3 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Probably best posted in the Twitter nonsense thread, but I think more people will see it here. Can we please stop? I’ve done the same. No trace.

There’s some weird grifty cunts out there.

So…

Botman (Lille) appears to be nearing the end game and should conclude positively.

Diego Carlos (Sevilla) is a bit further behind that one but is still progressing nicely and we’re hoping to sign both.

Umtiti (Barcelona) and Diop (West Ham) appeared to be the alternatives, but Badiashile (Monaco) has emerged as another in the last day or so.

Digne (Everton) is asking for silly money (£200k) and isn’t that keen on coming. Tagliafico (Ajax) looks like the alternative, but club “don’t want to sell”.

Wijnaldum (PSG) and Ramsey (Juventus) appear to be options on loan for CM, while we’ve sounded out Kamara (Marseille) who seems to be waiting for a better offer. Whisper it quietly, but De Jong (Barcelona) apparently not as fanciful as first thought. Bruno Guimaraes (Lyon) also been mentioned, as has Gueye (PSG).

Cantwell (Norwich) “admired” but not at the price club are asking (£15m). Not much else on wide players/attacking midfielders.

We’ve bid for Dieng (Marseille) up front, but he doesn’t appear receptive. Martial (Man Utd) is an option due to Wilson’s injury, while we have a speculative interest in Isak (Sociedad).

I’ve probably missed some bits, but does this largely seem to be where we’re at? If people flag more up I’ll add it in!

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

So…

Botman appears to be nearing the end game and should conclude positively.

Diego Carlos is a bit further behind that one but is still progressing nicely and we’re hoping to sign both.

Umtiti and Diop appeared to be the alternatives, but Badiashile has emerged as another in the last day or so.

Digne is asking for silly money and isn’t that keen on coming. Tagliafico looks like the alternative, but Ajax don’t want to sell.

Wijnaldum and Ramsey appear to be options on loan for CM, while we’ve sounded out Kamara who seems to be waiting for a better offer. Whisper it quietly, but De Jong apparently not as fanciful as first thought.

Cantwell is admired but not at the price Norwich are asking. Not much else on wide players/attacking midfielders.

We’ve bid for Dieng of Marseille up front, but he doesn’t appear receptive. Martial is an option due to Wilson’s injury, while we have a speculative interest in Isak.

I’ve probably missed some bits, but does this largely seem to be where we’re at?

Just woke up, that's a nice roundup, now off to the cricket thread.

Good summary that @Rich :thup:

This transfer window lark is actually rather fun when the club is actually trying. I’d almost forgot that feeling. 

I’d be over the moon with any combination of Botman, Badiashile, Carlos and Diop tbh. Would be nice to get the new defenders/back line in and the focus on the midfield and forward situation.

I do think that we in all honesty need two midfielders (DM and AM). Some noise around Bruno Guimaraes and then I’d go for someone like Gini or take a chance on Kulusevski if at all possible. 

As for a new forward I’d absolutely LOVE Isak or Vlahovic but maybe it’s a bit early for those kinds of purchases. I’ve seen a lot more of Isak and he could be really special but Vlahovic sounds like a beast and they’re not really comparable players I guess?

16 minutes ago, Rich said:

So…

Botman appears to be nearing the end game and should conclude positively.

Diego Carlos is a bit further behind that one but is still progressing nicely and we’re hoping to sign both.

Umtiti and Diop appeared to be the alternatives, but Badiashile has emerged as another in the last day or so.

Digne is asking for silly money and isn’t that keen on coming. Tagliafico looks like the alternative, but Ajax don’t want to sell.

Wijnaldum and Ramsey appear to be options on loan for CM, while we’ve sounded out Kamara who seems to be waiting for a better offer. Whisper it quietly, but De Jong apparently not as fanciful as first thought.

Cantwell is admired but not at the price Norwich are asking. Not much else on wide players/attacking midfielders.

We’ve bid for Dieng of Marseille up front, but he doesn’t appear receptive. Martial is an option due to Wilson’s injury, while we have a speculative interest in Isak.

I’ve probably missed some bits, but does this largely seem to be where we’re at?

:pedro:you know when it's so hard it actually hurts...

52 minutes ago, Rich said:

So…

Botman (Lille) appears to be nearing the end game and should conclude positively.

Diego Carlos (Sevilla) is a bit further behind that one but is still progressing nicely and we’re hoping to sign both.

Umtiti (Barcelona) and Diop (West Ham) appeared to be the alternatives, but Badiashile (Monaco) has emerged as another in the last day or so.

Digne (Everton) is asking for silly money (£200k) and isn’t that keen on coming. Tagliafico (Ajax) looks like the alternative, but club “don’t want to sell”.

Wijnaldum (PSG) and Ramsey (Juventus) appear to be options on loan for CM, while we’ve sounded out Kamara (Marseille) who seems to be waiting for a better offer. Whisper it quietly, but De Jong (Barcelona) apparently not as fanciful as first thought. Bruno Guimaraes (Lyon) also been mentioned, as has Gueye (PSG).

Cantwell (Norwich) “admired” but not at the price club are asking (£15m). Not much else on wide players/attacking midfielders.

We’ve bid for Dieng (Marseille) up front, but he doesn’t appear receptive. Martial (Man Utd) is an option due to Wilson’s injury, while we have a speculative interest in Isak (Sociedad).

I’ve probably missed some bits, but does this largely seem to be where we’re at? If people flag more up I’ll add it in!

From the links it does seem to indicate Howe would like to go for a back 3/5.

Very attack minded full backs in Trips and Digne seems to be Plan A and the lack of targets of wide attacking players is another clue.

Could be aiming for something like this, best case scenario.

Dubravka

Schar        Carlos      Botman 

Trippier                                            Digne

Kamara

Wijnaldum           Joelinton

ASM                  Isak

17 points from the next 9 games to pull clear, meanwhile we've had some easy draws in the FA Cup and have coasted to the quarters...

4 hours ago, nufcnick said:

People keep saying that we also need a defensive midfielder, I think fab schar would fit that role perfectly 

We need someone who bosses that role rather than someone who can play in that role 

Edited by duo

Honestly got a bit emotional typing out that formation.

Really took me back to my college days, stoned out of it in the computer labs typing out the ways we'd accommodate players we were linked with into Bobby's team.

Considering that we are linked with pretty much anyone, like even unrealistic ones. 

I say bring in Denis Zakaria for a deeper midfield role. Amazing in transition play too if we counter. I know he's a pipe dream. Contract runs out soon too I think.  Or someone like Kessie or Brozovic. Next to impossible but never say never. 

Edited by Ikon