Transfer rumours

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Rich said:

So…

Botman (Lille) appears to be nearing the end game and should conclude positively.

Diego Carlos (Sevilla) is a bit further behind that one but is still progressing nicely and we’re hoping to sign both.

Umtiti (Barcelona) and Diop (West Ham) appeared to be the alternatives, but Badiashile (Monaco) has emerged as another in the last day or so.

Digne (Everton) is asking for silly money (£200k) and isn’t that keen on coming. Tagliafico (Ajax) looks like the alternative, but club “don’t want to sell”.

Wijnaldum (PSG) and Ramsey (Juventus) appear to be options on loan for CM, while we’ve sounded out Kamara (Marseille) who seems to be waiting for a better offer. Whisper it quietly, but De Jong (Barcelona) apparently not as fanciful as first thought. Bruno Guimaraes (Lyon) also been mentioned, as has Gueye (PSG).

Cantwell (Norwich) “admired” but not at the price club are asking (£15m). Not much else on wide players/attacking midfielders.

We’ve bid for Dieng (Marseille) up front, but he doesn’t appear receptive. Martial (Man Utd) is an option due to Wilson’s injury, while we have a speculative interest in Isak (Sociedad).

I’ve probably missed some bits, but does this largely seem to be where we’re at? If people flag more up I’ll add it in!

What sorcery is this? Does not fit with our past 20+ windows!

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

We really need a left back :lol:. No point in signing centre halves for hundreds of billions if Ritchie is there letting someone in at the far post several times a game.

We are wanting one this month according to the athletic.

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

We really need a left back :lol:. No point in signing centre halves for hundreds of billions if Ritchie is there letting someone in at the far post several times a game.

Think we need a striker more than a left back. ASM on the left and Trippier on the right can still create chances and we need someone to convert them.

Just now, Sima said:

Can even contemplate how someone like de Jong would even come to us, like.  Has to be nothing else but an absolute fantasy? Right?

Based on the reports yesterday about us not giving out massive wages, I think anyone like de jong or similar can be ruled out, unless it’s a loan deal with Barcelona paying a sizeable chunk of his wages.

6 minutes ago, Smal said:

Same as a DM. There's no point in having big, imposing centre halves if they're getting turned by the lads Shelvey and Willock are allowing to have a free run at them.

For the people saying "but we need to address position X as a priority" I think it's safe to say the key people at the club know exactly what we need to sign and are trying to deliver that. 

We're just too conditioned to Sports Direct FC and the cunts in charge randomly grabbing some turds out of the bowl from time to time whilst the fans scream in frustration.

I've got faith in the new leadership. They know what we require to improve the team and are currently balls deep, pumping like a jackhammer and trying to bring us all to a collective climax.

Edited by bobbydazzla

We've only signed Trippier so far but this is the most enjoyable transfer window that I can remember for a long time. We can be linked with players and actually believe they will happen as opposed to just being a distraction to get to the end of the window without signing anyone.

I see absolutely no excuse to be playing Ritchie at LB if Trippier, Manquillo, Lewis and Krafth are all available. Dummett will presumably return to fitness at some point also. No great options obviously but there's really no need to put Ritchie there ever again. 

1 hour ago, LRD said:

Think we need a striker more than a left back. ASM on the left and Trippier on the right can still create chances and we need someone to convert them.

I'd say the needs are on par - the amounts of goals Richie is letting in will take us down if we don't plug that hole.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Same as a DM. There's no point in having big, imposing centre halves if they're getting turned by the lads Shelvey and Willock are allowing to have a free run at them.

100% 

Look at Chelsea - they had one of the THE best defenses in the league until Kante got injured.

Edited by duo

1 hour ago, duo said:

100% 

Look at Chelsea - they had one of the THE best defenses in the league until Kante got injured.

Huge like on that one. 

A DM that you barely notice, that works in silence and destroys the game for the opponents is invaluable for a team.

Someone who is always positioned correctly.

Someone who comes running around the corner (with the full clown gear, just to annoy you a little extra) just when you think your pass would reach the history books.
It can't be too much to ask, can it?

I'm not saying that Kante is someone you do not notice. But he's the closest one to perfection right now, I guess.
And just because I'm talking about players you do not notice, I can't really think of anyone else.

Nemanja Matic when he was at Chelsea, Eric Diaby..?

Maybe there is a point in being a discreet football player.

So:

2 strikers

2 CB's

1 LB

1 DM

Minimum lol 

I'd sacrifice one of those 2 cB's to ensure we got the rest. Arguably we could do with two new CMs.

We are a classic relegated team right now. No sign of where a goal is going to come from. We can bring just 1 striker in but then if they get injured we are fucked again. Gayle clearly isn't the answer. Do we have anyone in the u23 that plays up top?

I think CM has actually become the number 1 priority closely followed by a striker. 

I think we could just about cope with our defense if we got a decent CM/CDM in January. 

We definitely wouldn't be able to cope without a new midfielder and a striker if Wilson isn't back soon.