Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Newcastle United (23/10/21)

BlueStar

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Think its a shit result personally. We're running out of winnable games. That isn't good. Genuinely can't see where we next win.

I'd consider it an 'OK' result in the context we'd have certainly lost it under Bruce. 

It was clearly still dogshit, like.

Edited by Pixelphish

Seriously what is the point of playing Krafth as part of 3 centrebacks. He has the physique of a full-back so he gets bullied, and he is terrible on the ball. This game as every game was crying out for Schar to bring out the ball with some composure, and if you're not going with him you have to put fede in there who won't get absolutely bullied by the 2 big strikers.

We need 2 new midfielders in January, they are just traffic cones, especially Longstaff.

Ref was also absolutely shite, we got lucky the VAR team wasnt on a coffee break when they scored the 2nd. But we need our players to also highlight shit to the ref. Milivojevic should have been sent off twice, yet our players dont react and point this out to the referee at all. When Lascelles took a yellow the whole palace team was crying out, and got a cheap-ish yellow for someone on our team right after.

Still would have taken a point before the game, but thats because we are terrible :)

Just now, nortoon said:

Seriously what is the point of playing Krafth as part of 3 centrebacks. He has the physique of a full-back so he gets bullied, and he is terrible on the ball. This game as every game was crying out for Schar to bring out the ball with some composure, and if you're not going with him you have to put fede in there who won't get absolutely bullied by the 2 big strikers.

We need 2 new midfielders in January, they are just traffic cones, especially Longstaff.

Ref was also absolutely shite, we got lucky the VAR team wasnt on a coffee break when they scored the 2nd. But we need our players to also highlight shit to the ref. Milivojevic should have been sent off twice, yet our players dont react and point this out to the referee at all. When Lascelles took a yellow the whole palace team was crying out, and got a cheap-ish yellow for someone on our team right after.

Still would have taken a point before the game, but thats because we are terrible :)

I dont rate him at all but he wasn't bad today

Clarke and Richie were both horrific. 

Krafth was alright. 

So many times when a player could take a touch or make pass they just swing a leg and send the ball anywhere. Countless small errors like that. 

Big changes needed very fast. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Think its a shit result personally. We're running out of winnable games. That isn't good. Genuinely can't see where we next win.

Honestly don't think we can call anything 'winnable' at this point :lol: 

We’re not going to suddenly become a decent side overnight. We’re lacking confidence, fitness and tactical discipline. When Rafa followed McClaren it took a good month before we looked anything other than complete shit, and we haven’t even appointed the new guy yet.

It’s imperative in the short term we don’t get cut adrift. In that context today is ok. We’re going to have to scrape points while we can for a while. 

All said and done, we have a pretty poor set of players to choose from, and every point will be hard earned between now and January. No doubt in my mind that Bruce would have lost this by 2 or 3 goals, so I'm happy with Jones' contribution. I think he had a gameplan that could have won it, and that's more than we've seen recently.

5 minutes ago, Jordan said:

We needed a win and we deserved to lose. I’ll take a point but fuck me that was poor. 

We can't just shake off 2 years of lard sarnies + heads and volleys.

It wasn't going to be changed overnight. A point away from home, considering the drama over the last week or so, is a good result.

Edited by Klaus