The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

I’m about a 4 now but we’re still in the mix and I imagine there’ll be some nervy moments before the end of the season. Burnley quietly shithousing points means we’re only 4 points clear despite our really good form. The very slight plus side of that is that it’s also dragged Brentford, Leeds and Everton right back in it and I don’t think any of those clubs really believed they were up until today. 

Most importantly we don’t look a state anymore. Fingers crossed we get there and that should be the last time we seen this thread forever hopefully. 

45 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Said to myself I'd go from 4 to 2 if we beat Brentford so I'll stick with that. Has a team been relegated and won four in a row in the same season?

not sure, but we haven’t won 4 in a row either 😂

Annoyingly I haven't seen a kick of the last two games but it seems like we're consistently good atm. Doesn't feel like relegation is even remotely on the cards. Quite remarkable considering how pessimistic I was after the Watford game. 

Today's result feels like a bit of a crescendo because, a few weeks ago, there was a huge opportunity ahead of us - ending in this Brentford away game - to make ground ahead of the relegation battle. And we've absolutely taken that opportunity. Fair fucking play to Howe and the lads. 

Been mentioning all day that if we won today and won against Brighton we'd be on 28 points; given that I now expect us to win next week (which is mental given where we were before we played Leeds) I think today was huge in factoring in how comfortable survival is going to be. I think we'll finish much, much closer to 10th than 18th. 

Leeds or Brentford to drop for me. Everton are playing well against Man City atm and even though they could easily still get beat, they'll get enough points at Goodison to stay up. Burnley have turned a corner.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

2 hours ago, St1pe said:

I’m about a 4 now but we’re still in the mix and I imagine there’ll be some nervy moments before the end of the season. Burnley quietly shithousing points means we’re only 4 points clear despite our really good form. The very slight plus side of that is that it’s also dragged Brentford, Leeds and Everton right back in it and I don’t think any of those clubs really believed they were up until today. 

Most importantly we don’t look a state anymore. Fingers crossed we get there and that should be the last time we seen this thread forever hopefully. 

Very slight plus side? We are above Brentford (1 point and 2 games in hand), Leeds (2 points and 1 game in hand plus a much better goal difference) and Everton (3 points and they have 1 game in hand and a better goal difference). All three of those sides are on an absolute horrible run of form, similar to ours under Bruce at the start of the season. A 4 would suggest it's basically between us and Burnley, but those three teams are in a much worse situation than the both of us. That's not a very slight plus side, that's absolutely fucking massive. For us to go down now it requires our form to dip substantially to Bruce-levels as well as for at least two of those teams plus Burnley to turn it around and pass us from where they are currently (below us). Anything more than a 2 (20% chance of going down) is just extremely pessimistic thinking at this stage.