The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 hour ago, Dr. TC said:

Honestly no idea why people are still 2s now. For me we're a zero. At most a 1 if you're of the 'mathematically safe' frame of mind. 

People are just being cautious, understandable I suppose. The real measure if forums of other clubs- how many people on, say, the Leeds board are predicting us to go? Or Watford? Or whoever. It ain’t happening.

Is there a site that works out when teams cannot get relegated?

City cannot be caught by Burnley now 😁 but just on points between 3rd bottom and other teams everyone else could be caught.  100% that with teams playing each other it’s actually mathematically impossible for more teams to go down, top 4 maybe?

I think we’ll be safe by game week 34 with an assumption that we lose our 3 away games in a week. Won one or two of them, especially Everton and I’ll bring that to week 30

7 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Is there a site that works out when teams cannot get relegated?

City cannot be caught by Burnley now 😁 but just on points between 3rd bottom and other teams everyone else could be caught.  100% that with teams playing each other it’s actually mathematically impossible for more teams to go down, top 4 maybe?

I think we’ll be safe by game week 34 with an assumption that we lose our 3 away games in a week. Won one or two of them, especially Everton and I’ll bring that to week 30

There's normally a thread towards the end of season which is titled something like - Teams which can't finish above us etc.

Edited by CPL

8 minutes ago, Dokko said:

2. Everything seems to be going well but I worry it won't last. 

Watford, Norwich & Brentford for me. Unfortunately everton have too much quality. 

Quality that has got them to where they are. A team that doesn’t know how to scrap for survival, fans on there back shitting themselves as the big dream bubble bursts! 🍿🍿🍿

Oh and there’s Frank :cheesy:

Edited by PauloGeordio

I'd be amazed.  They are clearly more than capable of getting results, and not through effort alone.  They've got so much quality that other teams around them do not have.

Just got proper hamstrung by injuries, their hate for Benitez and now transitioning to Tory boy.

Edited by David Edgar

10 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Just wanted to say "welcome" to all the new members of the 1 club, with a special hello to all of those who poured scorn on me and like-minded individuals such as @Heron and @Fantail Breeze

It's a nice place, 1, isn't it? All those anxieties just... gone :thup:

:lol:

Let's gloat once it's mathematically done :)

Edited by Heron

Brentford’s fixtures look tricky for the rest of the season. Obviously their poor form doesn’t help. Can see them struggling against both Norwich away and Burnley at home to name two of their coming ones. Playing Leeds on the last day too iirc. 

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Brentford’s fixtures look tricky for the rest of the season. Obviously their poor form doesn’t help. Can see them struggling against both Norwich away and Burnley at home to name two of their coming ones. Playing Leeds on the last day too iirc. 

I think Norwich will beat Brentford next weekend 

Our very congested fixture list in March has me slightly worried. Winnable games on paper but not sure our squad is good enough to get the results with all the inevitable squad rotation and potential injuries.

Fwiw I’m confident, to an extent, that we’ll survive but I imagine the table won’t be anywhere near as flattering 3 weeks from now. Or it could be and I’m just a massive fanny :lol: .

Edited by McCormick

13 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Our very congested fixture list in March has me slightly worried. Winnable games on paper but not sure our squad is good enough to get the results with all the inevitable squad rotation and potential injuries.

Fwiw I’m confident, to an extent, that we’ll survive but I imagine the table won’t be anywhere near as flattering 3 weeks from now. Or it could be and I’m just a massive fanny :lol: .

The solace I'm taking is that the team has had constant upheavel already throughout our current run due to injuries.

Fingers crossed we'll have both ASM and Manq back. Our rotation options will look a lot stronger as a result and I trust Howe to manage it accordingly.