Leicester City 4 - 0 Newcastle United (12/12/2021)

Yorkie

We're genuinely playing with 10 men with Willock in the team at the minute.

Really wish Howe would pull him and give someone else a chance in alongside Shelvey.

Willock at the minute is weak in the tackle, weak on the ball, and the odd time he gets in a decent position he picks the wrong option.

It's really unfortunate because we really need someone in central midfield to tie everything together, as all the other parts of the team are functioning much better than before. But the key piece is a midfielder that gets up and down a bit more and takes more responsibility. I would honestly look at giving Hendrick a go in that role under Howe. I just can't believe how soft Willock is in there.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Maybe just need to accept that the majority of our players are just bang average. We need 6 or 7 new faces in January otherwise we’re done.

Exactly what I was coming on to say. This squad is shite and a lack of investment over years and years has finally caught up with us. It's not the players fault or howes or the new ownerships fault, it's just the situation we find ourselves in. I think we're down as I think we'll be to far adrift in January to make any difference.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Should sue Arsenal over this Willock shit.

:lol: Does seem like last season he was playing for a permanent move. 

I totally sympathize that he shouldn’t be playing so deep, but he can’t seem to do the basics right this season. And the few times he does get forward he gives it to their players straight away. 

For once I don’t think we’ve done too badly here. First 10 mins were good, controlling them and not giving anything away. Would’ve liked a bit more urgency to our play, we’ve been quite high pressing but not with any tenacity.

Everything to play for in the second half, can still get a win here IMO. Get Willock off and recharge during the break and then get out there and do them in the second half.

As for the the PK, my word. Pathetic. 

Thing is with the goal, regardless of whether or not he's dived, we didn't look remotely suited to playing the ball out from the back there. We've given away the ball constantly and eventually, inevitably it's cost us. 

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Maxi and Willock are absolutely shite, I'd drop the pair. Offer bugger all between then.

Maxi has been shit most of his time here. Zero end product, he's the kid at school that just hogs the ball, and spits his dummy out when he loses it, which is 90% of the time. Willock is not a CM.

Has Howe set us up to be a high press team with that shape? Is the problem that we can't play that way with the players we have?

We started the half on the press, were doing well, then simply lumbered around the pitch until a shit dive cost us. 

Glad they woke up a bit after we conceded, would love to see some urgency next half as these cunts haven't done anything remarkable with all the possession they've had.

Dubravka has been fairly solid

Defence been largely decent and organised

Midfield have worked hard and pressed well as have Joelinton and Wilson

Their defence look shakey as owt

And above all else that is 100% not a penalty. 

1 minute ago, Smal said:

There is very little movement from our wide players and Joelinton to allow Shelvey to be effective to be fair.

Shelvey has been okay playing his role as a deeper holding midfielder. He desperately needs someone more dynamic and influential alongside him to link up with and create more space for him. Feels like he's the only one in midfield for us. Surprised he's not suffering a lot more for it.

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

Was more focusing on the F1 for the majority of that, but from what I saw we where for the most part defensively pretty solid, but not doing much going forward, until we conceded, where we woke up. That fair to say?

We were OK, struggled to keep possession but I think that’s the plan. Don’t deserve to be behind.