Leicester City 4 - 0 Newcastle United (12/12/2021)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Maxi has been shit most of his time here. Zero end product, he's the kid at school that just hogs the ball, and spits his dummy out when he loses it, which is 90% of the time. Willock is not a CM.

The first part of this post is bollocks

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Shelvey has been okay playing his role as a deeper holding midfielder. He desperately needs someone more dynamic and influential alongside him to link up with and create more space for him. Feels like he's the only one in midfield for us. Surprised he's not suffering a lot more for it.

Definitely needs to be addressed in January. We are so bad at central midfield.

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

Has Howe set us up to be a high press team with that shape? Is the problem that we can't play that way with the players we have?

We started the half on the press, were doing well, then simply lumbered around the pitch until a shit dive cost us. 

Glad they woke up a bit after we conceded, would love to see some urgency next half as these cunts haven't done anything remarkable with all the possession they've had.

I don't know how the manager set us before the game, but there was no sign of a high press beyond the first 5 mins. We've been playing Bruce formation for the majority of that half. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We're genuinely playing with 10 men with Willock in the team at the minute.

Really wish Howe would pull him and give someone else a chance in alongside Shelvey.

Willock at the minute is weak in the tackle, weak on the ball, and the odd time he gets in a decent position he picks the wrong option.

It's really unfortunate because we really need someone in central midfield to tie everything together, as all the other parts of the team are functioning much better than before. But the key piece is a midfielder that gets up and down a bit more and takes more responsibility. I would honestly look at giving Hendrick a go in that role under Howe. I just can't believe how soft Willock is in there.

Great post, aside from the Hendrick part (only because I personally don’t like him). I think Hayden needs to be in there and we can push Willock and/or Shelvey more forward. I’d drop Willock. Hayden / Shelvey dream team once again in the middle :lol:

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Has Howe set us up to be a high press team with that shape? Is the problem that we can't play that way with the players we have?

We started the half on the press, were doing well, then simply lumbered around the pitch until a shit dive cost us. 

Glad they woke up a bit after we conceded, would love to see some urgency next half as these cunts haven't done anything remarkable with all the possession they've had.

We look so much more organised and solid, but we are struggling to link defence with attack because of how poor Willock is in central midfield. On the rare occasions we manage to work the ball forward it's usually down to Shelvey. No idea what Willock is doing.

Guest reefatoon
17 minutes ago, TRon said:

Lascelles did nothing wrong there, he pulled out of the challenge. Shelvey on the other hand, what a stupid place to lose the ball. 

Was it not Lascelles that played the ridiculous pass to Shelvey in the first place? Was a fuckingkpathetic playing the ball there with so many Leicester players around them.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

What'd the gobshite say?

My guess would be either "he needs to dive because all them foreigners are doing it" or "he's learnt it from all the foreigners coming into the league".

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

We look so much more organised and solid, but we are struggling to link defence with attack because of how poor Willock is in central midfield. On the rare occasions we manage to work the ball forward it's usually down to Shelvey. No idea what Willock is doing.

He's been complete wank, but we've literally got no alternatives (we do, but they're just as wank). Need a new midfield in January.