Leicester City 4 - 0 Newcastle United (12/12/2021)

Yorkie

Really frustrating how slow and listless we've been on the ball against an off form, rattled Leicester like. Caused them absolutely no worries at all and allowed them to play the game at their leisure.  

Easy to twist about the ref and VAR but we've done nowt to help ourselves. 

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

We gift so many easy goals, it's a recipe for relegation. I don't know if Howe is the right man to address that issue either.

He was never the right man - it was more the fact that he wanted the job and could talk the talk.

Edited by duo

:lol: Haven't watched in a while but don't think NUFC are quite as bad as described here. 

Relegation as a certainty seems a bit much too, less than half way through the season with a transfer window left.

Definitely lacking incision in the final third and CM is not very strong. Not as bad as I thought it would be, had some good spells of possession/pressure (without great chances).

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah it’s worrying and it was my chief concern when we hired him. He can’t possibly think this midfield is good 

Do we even have a good midfield to play? I think this is just a reminder how important january is.

3 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

The knee jerk bullshit on here is disgraceful. Fuck off 

Wasn't it more knee jerk to think we were going to stay up just on the basis of scraping past Burnley to win a single league game (first of the season in December lol)?

See I’m all for going for the win however if you are compact , tight and hardworking these would never have gotten through .

We are in the shit, every point counts and today we have thrown it easily away 

I love that tbh, people do this all the way until we actually go down. I remember with McClaren people were laughing at people pointing out we would likely go down 

Stop jerking that knee, punk. 

Just now, Thomson Mouse said:

It’s like most on here were expecting us to destroy them.

absolute joke. 

Not at all but these haven’t kept a clean sheet in 21 games and have a centre midfielder playing centre back and we have been absolutely shit.

Just now, ManDoon said:

It’s all good though. Don’t be knee jerk, we are only second bottom, despite every team around us losing. Don’t be reactionary!!!!!

Exactly what has changed our position from last week? We're still only 3 points away from safety. You're the definition of reactionary.

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Really frustrating how slow and listless we've been on the ball against an off form, rattled Leicester like. Caused them absolutely no worries at all and allowed them to play the game at their leisure.  

Easy to twist about the ref and VAR but we've done nowt to help ourselves. 

This. None of them bar Maximan look like they want the ball, and he's just trying to score a goal single-handedly. 

I love that tbh, people do this all the way until we actually go down. I remember with McClaren people were laughing at people pointing out we would likely go down 

What are you talking about? We are winning this 2-3!

1% probability be damned.

08-09: Butt/Smith/Nolan/Guthrie

15-16: (Gini), Anita, Colback, Shelvey, Saivet, a very much past-his-best Tiote

21-22: Shelvey, Willock, Hayden, Hendrick

It's no coincidence like. CM is so fucking vital and our options have been a bucket of shit every time we've gone down, including hypothetically this time. 

3 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Gutted tbh. Leicester were there for the taking, 10 minutes in I thought we'd be able to do this. We allowed them to get comfortable in the game and settle their nerves. Piss poor. 

We're horrendous like, but the fact we got completely fucked over (again) for their first ruined us.  Played a big part in settling their nerves and making us drop our heads.