Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

57 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Tin hat on here, but we do need back up in the striker position. We need to find someone who is prepared to struggle for his place, but who can do a decent job if and when required, and who isn't going to cost the Earth. We don't seem to have a striker coming up through the ranks.

Patrick Bamford doesn't have a big reputation, but I never like seeing him on the opposing side. He can make things happen. 

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

Tin hat on here, but we do need back up in the striker position. We need to find someone who is prepared to struggle for his place, but who can do a decent job if and when required, and who isn't going to cost the Earth. We don't seem to have a striker coming up through the ranks.

Patrick Bamford doesn't have a big reputation, but I never like seeing him on the opposing side. He can make things happen. 

Tin hat ? You need a bunker mate, concrete lined, inside a mountain, in the far north of Greenland.

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

Bamford :lol:

We definitely need another striker to have more options from the bench, cover for injuries & more competitive games next season. Someone like Danish Rasmus Højlund would be very exciting. Have no clue if he is a realistic target or not though.

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Could probably pick up Iheanacho for fairly cheap in the Leicester fire sale if we wanted a striker to sit on the bench.

Howe is the man to uncover the Iheanacho that FM promised :) 

2 hours ago, McCormick said:

Not sure how realistic but Gravenberch would be absolutely perfect for us.

He's actually been linked with us fairly recently.

5 hours ago, Emotic said:

Vitor Roque would be ideal if he wants to come here. Super high ceiling yet won't be demanding a starting spot cos he's a newb. Has Joe and Bruno as mentors.

One if the players I want most 

42 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He's actually been linked with us fairly recently.

Here’s hoping! Looks a lot more of the finished article than K. Thuram (who I really rate despite his rawness). Any idea as to price? Doubt we’d see much change for 70m.

7 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Here’s hoping! Looks a lot more of the finished article than K. Thuram (who I really rate despite his rawness). Any idea as to price? Doubt we’d see much change for 70m.

It’s The Mirror, but still…

“the Reds have now been urged to step up their interest to the next level by opening talks with Bayern.

Gravenberch is on £100,000-a-week in Germany - after tax. That means Liverpool would have to give him a £200,000-a-week contract just to match those terms. 

But those figures were not deemed to be an issue when the Merseysiders spoke to Gravenberch’s advisers in Amsterdam last Wednesday. And Liverpool are hoping that Bayern will do business if they can recoup the £16.3 million they paid Ajax last summer.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-ryan-gravenberch-contract-29736144.amp

I think I’ve seen a figure of 30-40m being mentioned for him previously? 

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Bamford surprised folks on their first season back but he looks absolutely shot to bits now. He was terrible in that game against us. 

Injuries ruined any hope for him. He's a shadow of himself from 3/4 years ago. 

7 hours ago, Conjo said:

We definitely need another striker to have more options from the bench, cover for injuries & more competitive games next season. Someone like Danish Rasmus Højlund would be very exciting. Have no clue if he is a realistic target or not though.

I’ll keep banging the Balogun drum. 21 years old. 20 in 35 this season. And supposedly up for sale this summer. No brainer. 

Edited by cubaricho

What their character is like is big with Eddie. For example turned fown deli ali  last year  as he wouldn't be good in the dressing room.you can see how together everyone is and whoever comes in has to embrace the group ethic.