Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

• 1 month later...

Firstly, he now does the captain’s column in the programme. It’s called something like ‘The Leadership Group’ page.  

secondly, after our third goal he went over to the players massed in the corner and sternly tapped his wrist, presumably reminding them about the new time keeping rules and urging them to cut short the overlong celebration. That’s incredible attention to detail. I bet no other club has even thought about keeping an eye on that. 

Edited by Hovagod

Trippier Q&A on YouTube, which is quite interesting. Stand out question was when he got asked would he rather win the World Cup or Champions League, and he said World Cup but did apologise to the fans 😬

• 2 weeks later...

I’m fucking sick of his dead ball set pieces.

I’m also fed up with the short corner routine. It only works when the defending team doesn’t know it’s coming, we have done them for 18 months or more, they don’t work. Too many times the ball doesn’t even end up in the box. Today they were cut out straight away.

Change it up man. We have one of the tallest squads in the league, we should be beating teams in the air, yet we don’t.

His set pieces are annoying but not the biggest issue at the moment. As mentioned in the match thread, he isn't getting up and down the pitch in the way we'd expect from him; I wouldn't be shocked if he's made less overlaps this season in total than he did in an a lot of individual games last season. 

I noticed against Liverpool that he spent a lot of time behind the ball, and it was evident again today. This in turn stifles Almiron as he relies on that run, either as an outlet or as a diversion. I'm not sure if this is a tactical instruction as it seems to have coincided with us also trying to emulate the "centre half steps into midfield" thing that is popular at the moment. 

His passing was also extremely sloppy today, but that's less concerning.