Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

People go on about trent being so good on the ball, but don't seem to mention it even half as much with Trips. Apart from power in the strike they're pretty much on par for me, and Trips can defend miles better. 

TAA is only a right back really because he can put in great crosses from that position, otherwise he is pretty poor, albeit his crossing really is that good that it does compensate some of the time. I am not convinced he is a central midfielder either, if anything he is a really old fashioned wide right winger for me but that position is just dead

Edited by Tiresias

Still kinda in shock, it's not like I didn't rate him before he signed, I did, thought he was a very good right back even, but he's the best right back i've ever watched play for us by a distance, and what he brings to the team, and he's so fucking consistent. Ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, madras said:

Noticed him coming in field a bit today when close to our goal and pointing to Lascelles to go wider. 

We are evolving 

Yeah I noticed that, him bossing the captain about. I'm sure Lascelles won't have minded because he's a top bloke, but I'll admit it amused me slightly.

6 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Assist machine.

Trippier needs four more to match Gary Neville. Five more to be joint fifth all time for a defender in the PL.

https://www.squawka.com/en/outright-markets/defenders-most-assists-premier-league-history/

Given the two and half seasons in La Liga (10 assists that don't count), that's not too shabby. 17 in 64 games for us, all comps.

Feels like he's playing the best football of his career at the moment. Just everything seems to have come together for him and now with an older wiser head aswell he's in his prime. 

He should really be first choice for England on current form but Walker's pace will always grab attention and I can see why someone like Southgate would prefer to have that recovery pace. But if he was a more confident manager I think Trippier gives you more offensively than Walker. 

Hope he never leaves the club.

Play as long as he can, then become a coach, Livramento mentor, club ambassador, stadium tour guide, whatever. He embodies everything that’s right about us.