Sven Botman

The Prophet

Just now, OverThere said:

I'm assuming we will have much more squad rotation this season, so the Botman or Burn argument is invalid.

If they make any kind of cup run, you need some depth and that should be the goal, right?

I think people need to adjust their expectation a bit. I genuinely didn’t see Botman to be a lot better than Dan Burn. I know we did sign Burn as a second or third choice during January, but sometime it doesn’t mean that the first choice must be a lot better than the third. We signed Robert after we failed to get Zenden, which turned out to be a masterpiece.

I won’t be surprised if Botman performance for us during the coming season is poorer than Burn considering his age and experience. 

3 hours ago, 54 said:

Excluding major add-ons for staying up on Trippier fee, ignoring initial loan fee for Targett, using the lowest fee quoted in media for Burn to make a weak point.

11 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Excluding major add-ons for staying up on Trippier fee, ignoring initial loan fee for Targett, using the lowest fee quoted in media for Burn to make a weak point.

eh, there or thereabouts. who pissed in your corn flakes? :lol:

Edited by thomas

The Maguire signing was mental really, he looked decent at Leicester in fairness but am sure if you really watched all his games there you’d see his traits quite clearly. * and he had Kante protecting the back 4.

Just imagine what a cb pairing of him and Lascelles would be like..

Edited by Dr Jinx

3 hours ago, 54 said:

EXCELLENT summary of the situation.

EXCELLENT work by Howe, Staveley, Ghodoussi, Ashworth & Co.

WE are already great with this lot working for us - just think of all the years to come . . . 

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

The Maguire signing was mental really, he looked decent at Leicester in fairness but am sure if you really watched all his games there you’d see his traits quite clearly. * and he had Kante protecting the back 4.

Just imagine what a cb pairing of him and Lascelles would be like..

Maguire does seem decent for England in tournaments. He's making a lot of mistakes at Man Utd, career seemingly going down the Phil Jones route.

Something has been broken at Man Utd for so long that I do wonder if most of their is impacted by either a toxic environment, or such an imbalanced team that doesn't have the right spine or leadership in key midfield and defence places that leads most of their team underpeforming.

3 minutes ago, thomas said:

eh, there or thereabouts. who pissed in your corn flakes?

Dunno. Just annoys me that there's still people trying to make it seem like we paid less than we actually did for these players. 

It’s irrelevant how much we spend and on who seeing as there’s not much chance of the owners running out of money.
What is great is that we aren’t paying millions for mercenaries with big names and instead are building for the long run. 

5 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

What a bizarre thing to be annoyed about.

It's only football and it doesn't really matter how much we pay for players as long as it is sustainable and the players improves us. However, I find it more bizarre that a platform like nufc360, who should be aware of these things, posts inaccurate information which many will believe. All just to score some "win" about how good deals we can negotiate....? :lol: