Sven Botman

The Prophet

2 minutes ago, Ginola said:

Absolute unit. No chance we were conceding with him today

Makes you realise why they were relentless in staying in for him. 

The transfer saga went on for ages, but we can all see why now.

I feel Shcar compliments him so well, it's going to be very interesting to see how we look to find his future defensive partner. 

Remember at one point it was a toss up between signing him or that lad from Sevilla who Aston Villa signed (can't remember his name) and I was absolutely desperate for Botman because of his age, his physical stature which is perfect for this league, and that I'd seen him live playing for Lille and just thought he looked an absolute class act. So happy we got him. Hope he's here another 10 years 

14 hours ago, joeyt said:

de Boer was there pitchside working for Dutch TV. Had a huge chat with Benni McCarthy before the game who I forgot is on the Man Utd staff

Aye, was very complimentary of Botman and NUFC throughout. Interestingly, asked Botman some questions about how wor Eddie has turned the club around so quickly, to which Sven replied his ability to get players performing at a level they didn’t think they’d be capable of.

Have to keep reminding myself how young he is. He plays like a veteran, not a 23 year old in his first season in this league. Scary to think, and quite hard to imagine actually, that he could get better.

Rewatched the extended highlights again.  Think he gets the MOTM for me. He was absolutely crucial for the 1st goal and won so many turnovers. Totally class 

Edited by AJ9

4 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Remember at one point it was a toss up between signing him or that lad from Sevilla who Aston Villa signed (can't remember his name) and I was absolutely desperate for Botman because of his age, his physical stature which is perfect for this league, and that I'd seen him live playing for Lille and just thought he looked an absolute class act. So happy we got him. Hope he's here another 10 years 

With hindsight it worked out well getting neither as we got Burn who was enough to get us clear then play this season. We were always going to go back for Botman but if we got him in January, would we have went for Burn in the summer?

For first season in PL he’s absolutely elite. He will be one of the worlds best in a short time. His confidence on the ball will continue to grow and his reading of the game will only improve. Absurd talent. 

17 hours ago, looneytoon said:

🤩

Seeing this in the Isak thread and just wanted to shout out Sven making everyone go and celebrate with the fans. Already a leader.

It's probably because he gave very little away in emotions when he first joined but there's something that feels quite special about him showing his emotions. Maybe hyperbole but I can see a special connection forming in the coming years.

27 minutes ago, Ginola said:

Absolute rock second half after giving away the penalty. Quality centre back and mentally strong, brilliant

Aye Schade had his number first half but Botman went on to win every duel in the second. Quietly epitomized our turnaround.