Sven Botman

The Prophet

32 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Even if we were a top 7 side trying to sign him - Maldini calls you and you're a CB with aspirations, you're going to likely go there. 

Why? He’s the technical director- he won’t be coaching him or having much to do with him personally I’d have thought? 

7 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Didn't say he'd be signing FOR Maldini, but you'd be pretty flattered if someone of his ilk is blowing smoke up your arse.

You didn’t, but Kanji who I replied to was suggesting he’d be going there FOR Maldini. I just don’t think it’s much of a draw for a player (of Botmans age particularly) that some might think it is, especially when he wouldn’t be imparting any of his skills or experience etc. 

19 minutes ago, Manxst said:

You didn’t, but Kanji who I replied to was suggesting he’d be going there FOR Maldini. I just don’t think it’s much of a draw for a player (of Botmans age particularly) that some might think it is, especially when he wouldn’t be imparting any of his skills or experience etc. 

Before we started bidding for him in January, him and Maldini were commenting on each other’s instagram posts. Milan’s pursuit of Botman has been going on for quite some time and Maldini has played a part for sure.

4 hours ago, ManDoon said:

I’m not actually too bothered, watched a bit of him at Lille and wasn’t massively impressed. Small sample

size of course 

Same here, watched a bit of him , Carlos and Badiashile. Out the 3 based on watching 2 or 3 games each, the Monaco lad was the best.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Same here, watched a bit of him , Carlos and Badiashile. Out the 3 based on watching 2 or 3 games each, the Monaco lad was the best.

He looked the best based on YT scouting. Seemed to be outrageously good at winning the ball without going to ground and reading the game. Hope we go back in for him.  

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

He looked the best based on YT scouting. Seemed to be outrageously good at winning the ball without going to ground and reading the game. Hope we go back in for him.  

And less pushing opposition players over. Botman does seem to like a bit of a push. Badiashile at times could be Woodgatelike in the way he was winning the ball.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Feels like we're being used to pump up AC Milan offer to me. But let's see

Posted it elsewhere but his pick of leagues is the Premier League

Edited by duo

31 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Or, AC Milan are being used to bump up our offer, more like.

Aye. It does seem AC are laid back and looking at other targets. Also pretty stocked as is. That could just be another layer of brinksmanship on Milans part though! We will soon see. I am just relaxed and happy that if we don't get Botman we will get someone just as potentially great. Good times.

33 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Don’t AC already have 2 of the highest rated young CB’s?

I’d really like us to go for Inácio from Sporting Lisbon as well, based on nothing but FM and FIFA though.

Inacio's distribution from the back will also help save us money on Dean Henderson IMHO. Just get Dubs to play it t o him if we want to go long. Underrated player.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Don’t AC already have 2 of the highest rated young CB’s?

I’d really like us to go for Inácio from Sporting Lisbon as well, based on nothing but FM and FIFA though.

Yep and both are the same age as Botman, so unless they are planning to sell one of them I can’t see it happening.

On 06/04/2022 at 17:50, madras said:

Was going to mention Badiashile yesterday but couldn't remember his name. Or his club. In fact I don't even know why I was going to mention him, I know absolutely nothing about him.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Was going to mention Badiashile yesterday but couldn't remember his name. Or his club. In fact I don't even know why I was going to mention him, I know absolutely nothing about him.

Only watched him since we were linked in January.

9 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Yep and both are the same age as Botman, so unless they are planning to sell one of them I can’t see it happening.

Unless they rate Botman that highly.