More transfer rumours

midds

Nketiah is a decent 3rd option behind Wilson and Wood imo.

Would hope we could get a better CB than Burn in, but at least he will improve what we have.

If we get Bruno in together with those two on top of Trippier and Wood I'd say it's been a very pleasant transfer window and that Howe has gotten the support he needs to keep us up.

Just now, The Prophet said:

You'd have though Ornstein would have been all over this if it was a goer. He has excellent contacts at Arsenal.

I'd also be surprised if Arsenal wanted to give us any players on loan after we've just stolen Bruno from under their noses. Unless they don't rate Nketiah much.

Just now, Conjo said:

Would hope we could get a better CB than Burn in, but at least he will improve what we have.

If we get Bruno in together with those two on top of Trippier and Wood I'd say it's been a very pleasant transfer window and that Howe has gotten the support he needs to keep us up.

Wait, Wood gets in before Nketiah? 

Worrying

Just now, Conjo said:

Yeah, you could describe it as an underwhelming window, or you could equally describe it as quite a shrewd one. Hopefully enough to keep us up while keeping our powder dry for the summer.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Can’t see arsenal letting him go if auba is going 

No one is paying PEA’s wages/loan fee etc.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I'd also be surprised if Arsenal wanted to give us any players on loan after we've just stolen Bruno from under their noses. Unless they don't rate Nketiah much.

It wouldn't be on loan, he has six months left on his contract and refused to sign another.

Just now, The Prophet said:

It wouldn't be on loan, he has six months left on his contract and refused to sign another.

Hmm. Well I guess he's worth a punt, it shouldn't cost that much.

Just now, Bada Bing said:

Not sold on Nketiah but he's a different option compared to Wilson and Wood. He's out of contract so I think it would be a decent low-risk addition. 

Yeah, it's a decent punt on a striker who excelled for the England under 21s, which is where he really made his reputation. 

Howe does like an England under 21 prospect. Similar idea behind the Solanke move from what I recall.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Wait, Wood gets in before Nketiah? 

Worrying

I mean...Nketiah is more exciting and pleasing on the eye, but he is 22 and has 5 PL goals in his career while Wood as his senior has scored more than that in every season he's played, so that would be my assumption unless Nketiah has a break through moment.

Just wait until Monday and see what happens. Edwards posted Lingard deal is dead and within 15 minutes a Times reporter contradicted this. He was also one of the last reporters to pick up with the report on the Bruno deal being complete yesterday. 

Edited by et tu brute

11 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Just have to stay in the division man. Summer will get interesting. I thought I was the negative one around here :lol:

That’s what I’m saying I don’t think him and wood are good enough attacking options to keep us up. 

Eddie can also play in the wide positions, which is always handy. And unlike our other wide players, he will make runs in behind from those positions. Useful , versatile young player with a decent amount of experience of the league to bring in. Solid move IMO.

After the names we have been linked with, Nketiah seems a bit ‘meh’. However, he would offer that in behind FRET. Arguably even more so than Wilson with his pace. Just won’t be as reliable with his finishing. 

It’s mainly been against lower league opposition. But his goals in the League Cup have often been down to good movement and anticipation. 

If we get him. Then file under shrewd signing, as opposed to a statement or massively exciting one. I think Wilson might be out for what? 7-8 weeks yet? All seemed a bit up in the air with his recovery and he can’t be relied upon to stay fit. I doubt he’ll just be ready to go and play 90 once or twice a week the minute he is back. 

Don't really rate Nketiah based on what I've seen and heard from my Arsenal-supporting mate who thinks he's total shit, but any backup striker is a bonus at this point and at least it would keep Wood on his toes whilst Wilson is out. Gives us an option from the bench too.