More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I agree we need goals, but our defence and midfield was shambolic. We’ve lost countless points through our fullbacks not being able to defend, CBs chucking goals in and a non-existent central midfield. 

If Bruno were to get injured we are fucked. I think a lot of us felt we needed 2 midfielders

Just now, toontownman said:

Hopeful of this too. Think willock/almiron might look better.

Willock and Almiron will only look better if they're played in their correct positions. Which for Willock is not CM, and for Almiron is not RW. Both are number 10s, yet they're barely been used there. Willock was last game, and looked good again.

4 minutes ago, Phoenix711 said:

Personally, For the signings:

Targett: 8/10 - quality EPL LB. Good supply and as good as we could hope for. Not quite CL ready hence lower rating than Trippier and Guimaraes but could be a massive coup for us.

Don't think he's that good, like. Nowhere near CL quality. 

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

Willock and Almiron will only look better if they're played in their correct positions. Which for Willock is not CM, and for Almiron is not RW. Both are number 10s, yet they're barely been used there. Willock was last game, and looked good again.

Exactly!

Will probably still end up with 

Joey Shelvey Bruno 

But Miggy or Willock in front of Bruno and Joe could be sexy imo.

One major major thing to take away though.   Its was the clubs that thwarted our plans.   The players were willing to come to a relegation threaten team.    Stay up this season and the summer could be absolutely immense.  Get a DOF and CEO sorted between now and the end of the season.  Get some sponsorships signed and we could push for top 6-10 next year!

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Seen completely differing takes on Targett like [emoji38]

Some seem to think he's assured going forward and others seem to think he's shite on the ball?

He is excellent defensively but not so good going forward. If you've got someone in front of him who knows what they're doing in the attacking sense, he's very good indeed.

I am surprised we've let him go on loan, he was excellent last season (after a difficult first one). I know we've signed Digne, who is better, but I'm surprised we've sent him out on loan in any case.

I understand why there won't be thousands of fans at the airport (metaphorically) for a signing like this, but he's absolutely solid.

1 minute ago, Barnes23 said:

Don't think he's that good, like. Nowhere near CL quality. 

He's a very good LB in EPL. I wouldn't rate him worse than 7/10 but I know why some people don't rate him. However, Villa fans voted him their player of the season last year beating out the likes of Grealish, Watkins, Mcginn etc. It's a bit like how most of the world think Joelinton is completely useless but most toon fans know he's now a decent CM now albeit still needs to improve in the final third.

All of my ratings are just guesses, time will tell. Wood could end up getting 10 goals! [which I would love]

We are desperate but we haven’t don’t he business like a desperate club - to our detriment. 

I think we should have paid the premium for our first choice CB or attacker. Those positions are transformative to a football team.  

we went from a mid table team to title challengers signing a LW and CF. 

We may pay for this with relegation. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Comes with the territory of being a massive player, Shirley. 

I’ve told you only to call me that when we Facetime.

Aye, it does, but at the moment it feels like our entire survival rests on him and ASM. Not sure that’s ideal for a new player coming into a new league.

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

With Trippier and Targett, your defence is instantly way, way improved.

I think we’re instantly better by having a fit, actual LB playing in the LB position. I think Targett, like Burn, will prove to be a shrewd signing in the end and at the very least stop us from dropping the points we’ve been dropping all season. 

1 minute ago, brummie said:

He is excellent defensively but not so good going forward. If you've got someone in front of him who knows what they're doing in the attacking sense, he's very good indeed.

I am surprised we've let him go on loan, he was excellent last season (after a difficult first one). I know we've signed Digne, who is better, but I'm surprised we've sent him out on loan in any case.

I understand why there won't be thousands of fans at the airport (metaphorically) for a signing like this, but he's absolutely solid.

Hopefully asm will be in front of him and Bruno in dm as well.

Just now, cubaricho said:

I think we’re instantly better by having a fit, actual LB playing in the LB position. I think Targett, like Burn, will prove to be a shrewd signing in the end and at the very least stop us from dropping the points we’ve been dropping all season. 

We haven’t signed burn yet

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

If he knows where to stand he’s an instant upgrade.