More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, Toon No9 said:

So, who are we signing this summer?

Any rumours yet??

Carrasco was linked yesterday.

I reckon we'll get Botman in the summer, too should we stay up.

Edited by Sima

30 minutes ago, Sima said:

I think we'll go for Lewandowski in the summer.

This is based on entirely nothing at all.

Don’t for a second think he’ll come, but if he’s going to leave Bayern I can see us making an enquiry based purely on PIF wanting a proper “marquee” signing that’ll help them market the club further in Saudi.

I remember hearing or reading somewhere that it had been studied whether teams facing relegation fight should buy defenders or strikers, good backline or proven goalscorers. And it’s always been about finding better attackers and getting goals to help keep safe.

We went completely the other direction, so it will be interesting to see. If we get relegated now, questions should be asked about January.

1 minute ago, Elephant said:

I remember hearing or reading somewhere that it had been studied whether teams facing relegation fight should buy defenders or strikers, good backline or proven goalscorers. And it’s always been about finding better attackers and getting goals to help keep safe.

We went completely the other direction, so it will be interesting to see. If we get relegated now, questions should be asked about January.

Although our main problem has been conceding goals, particularly late on. We've had no problem taking the lead, we'd be top 6 if we had seen out all of the matches we took the lead in.

4 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Although our main problem has been conceding goals, particularly late on. We've had no problem taking the lead, we'd be top 6 if we had seen out all of the matches we took the lead in.

So that nobody misunderstand me, I’m happy with Targett, Burn and Trippier, they make our defense better, especially Trippier.

One thing also to remember that we have put about £93 million for Joelinton, Willock and Wood, so with them we have one of the most expensive top-3 in the league. Doesn’t really feel like it though. While waiting for Wilson and hoping for ASM to stay fit, they have to start performing alot better when it comes to scoring goals.